The faculty of the Honors Scholar Program bring extraordinary dedication, scholarship, and interest in helping students achieve their academic goals. These professors enjoy teaching, value learning, cultivate creativity, invite collaboration, and more importantly, share a conviction to helping their students become talented scholars.
Faculty who teach Honors courses are recommended by their department chairs and the Honors Coordinator to the Dean of Letters & Communication Studies, who is the administrator responsible for teaching assignments in the Honors Scholar Program.
- Honors Contract Request Form Fall 2017 - please have students submit to the Honors Office by the stated deadlines
- Due Dates for Honors Contracts - Fall 2017
- Best Practices for Honors Contract Instruction
- Sample Syllabi for Honors Courses and Contracts
- Basic Conference Info
- See example student presentations on the Honors YouTube page!
- Visit some conference websites to find more information on individual events: SCCUR, HTCC Irvine, Western Regional, Bay Honors Consortium
- Students can submit to the MiraCosta OMNI Showcase (held on Friday, December 8th, 2017, San Elijo Campus) here!
SAVE THE DATE for the Fall 2017 OMNI Showcase: Friday, December 8th, San Elijo Campus
Honors PSLOs 2017-2019
PSLO 1: At the conclusion of the Program, Honors students will have learned and applied discipline-specific research skills.
PSLO 2: At the conclusion of the Program, Honors students will be able to evaluate and apply their communication skills in pursuit of academic and career options.
PSLO 3: At the conclusion of the Program, Honors students, as global citizens, will understand the value of equity and diversity in solving problems.
The Honors Advisory Council