Current Program Information
London, England (Fall 2013)
Spend fall 2013 in London and experience an immensely rich cultural heritage. A city of contrasts, London is filled with modern office buildings overlooking Victorian palaces, medieval fortresses and Georgian townhouses. London is home to an incredibly diverse population from all over the globe, adding to the cosmopolitan dress, customs, cuisine and culture. Take in world-class performances by any number of theatre, symphony and dance companies or enjoy the many Historic galleries and museums. London has something for everyone, so don't miss this opportunity!
Check out what former students have to say about their experience: Semester in London/MiraCosta & AIFS Video.
The Semester in London is a full-time academic program requiring students to register for a minimum of 12 units for the duration of the program. Participants must have completed 12 academic units with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher and be at least 18 years old to be eligible.
- London brochure fall 2013
- London application fall 2013
- London financial aid fact sheet fall 2013
- London 2013 AIFS Scholarship Flyer
- London class information
- Program Dates: September 5-November 15, 2013 (10 weeks)
- Program Price: $6475 includes shared room in homestay within residential neighborhood, London Transport Travel Pass for unlimited use of buses and underground in travel zones 1 -3, cultural visits as part of British Life and Culture Class, orientation and onsite staff. Round-trip airfare available for additional $495/$615 tour plus tax, fees and fuel surcharges of $698/$772 tour. Option for shared room with host family for an additional $850. Optional Pre-program European tour available for an additional $995.
- Tuition and Fees: Participants pay tuition and fees to Citrus College, a California Community College with the same fee structure as MiraCosta (expected cost per unit of $46 per unit for California resident). Deadline: Applications accepted on a first-come, first serve basis. Students apply by completing student application with a $450 deposit, copy of passport, and 4 passport-sized photographes. Applications must be received no later than June 14, 2013 to purchase group airfare.
- Scholarships available:
- Don’t miss out on the chance to receive an AIFS scholarship of $1,000 or $500 available to participants of the London program! Deadline to apply, June 14, 2013.
- Students who qualify for Federal Pell Grants may also apply for the Gilman Scholarship - deadline to apply, March 5, 2013.
- Interested in Art? Check out the MCC Dorothy Pat McCoury Study Abroad Scholarship - Open to any current MiraCosta student with a minimum of 2 transfer level Art classes completed and financial need. $500. No application deadline.
Institute for International Perspectives
One Barnard Drive
Oceanside, California, United States 92056
We are located on the Oceanside campus in room 3443.
P 760.795.6897 (toll-free outside 760 area code: 888.201.8480 x6897. Contact us via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org