Phi Theta Kappa
The mission of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize academic achievement of college students and to provide opportunities for them to grow as scholars and leaders.
Phi Theta Kappa, Alpha Chi Lambda Bylaws
View the PTK bylaws here.
- Delores Loedel
- France Magtira
Digital Marketing Coordinator / Associate Faculty, Communication Studies
Executive Phi Theta Kappa Board 2019 - 2020
- President: Cherise Camacho
- Executive Vice President: Gabriel Lee
- Vice President of Service: Robert Bennett
- Vice President of Records: Clarissa Perez
- Vice President of Scholarship: Ava Davari
- Vice President of Public Relations: Corinne Chapkis
- Vice President of Finance: Tonya Devitt
- Honors in Action Chair: Gabriel Alfredo Siguenza
- Honors in Action Co-Chair: Gabriel Lee
- HIA Honors in Action Committee Members: Cherise Camacho, president; Gabriel Lee, executive vice president; Leah Young, former president and current alumni; Christopher Burroughs, member; Gibran Mustafa, member; Manuel (Manny) Ramirez, member
- College Project Chair: Andreus Meza
Who can be a member?
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) is an academic honors society; consequently, a competitive GPA is required. After completing no less than 12 units, students must have an overall GPA of 3.5 and above. Those who meet the standards are invited to join, but if a student believes he or she qualifies and did not receive a membership invitation, they should contact a PTK advisor. After completing the online application process and paying the membership fee, the student is officially a PTK member.
How to get involved?
Members can get involved by attending meetings, participating in PTK activities, and communicating with officers and advisors. Volunteer opportunities are organized, committees are formed to work on different projects, connections are made with fellow Phi Theta Kappans, and fun events are held both on and off campus. Members are encouraged to enrich their time at MiraCosta College by becoming involved in PTK.
Received an Invite?
Congratulations! Enter your passcode or email here to accept your invitation.
Video: Phi Theta Kappa Membership FAQs
Members, please see your most recent Newsletter that was emailed on April 9th for information on running for an officer position for the 2020-2021 school year. For any questions, please email Delores Loedel at email@example.com
Dr. Alketa Wojcik Receives PTK Distinguished College Administrator of the Year
Vice President of Student Services, Dr. Alketa Wojcik is one of 26 college administrators nationally to be recognized by Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society (PTK) as a Distinguished College Administrator. The recognition will be presented during PTK Catalyst 2020, the Society’s annual convention, April 2-4 in the Greater Dallas Area in Texas.
The Distinguished College Administrator Awards are presented to college vice presidents, deans, or directors serving at post-secondary institutions who have shown strong support of student success on their campus by recognizing academic achievement, leadership, and service among high-achieving students.
- Phi Theta Kappa Official Website
- Phi Theta Kappa Regional Website
- MCC Honors Scholar Program
- Associated Student Government (ASG)