Phi Theta Kappa
The mission of Phi Theta Kappa is to recognize academic achievement of college students and to provide opportunities for them to grow as scholars and leaders.
Phi Theta Kappa, Alpha Chi Lambda Bylaws
- Delores Loedel
- France Magtira
Digital Marketing Coordinator / Associate Faculty, Communication Studies
Executive Phi Theta Kappa Board 2018 - 2019
- President: Cherise Camacho
- Executive Vice President: Manuel Ramirez
- Vice President of Service: Robert Bennett
- Vice President of Records: Clarissa Perez
- Vice President of Scholarship: Ava Davari
- Vice President of Public Relations: Corinne Chapkis
- Vice President of Finance: Tonya Devitt
- Honors in Action Chair: Gabriel Alfredo Siguenza
- College Project Chair: TBD
Who can be a member?
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) is an academic honors society; consequently, a competitive GPA is required. After completing no less than 12 units, students must have an overall GPA of 3.5 and above. Those who meet the standards are invited to join, but if a student believes he or she qualifies and did not receive a membership invitation, they should contact a PTK advisor. After completing the online application process and paying the membership fee, the student is officially a PTK member.
How to get involved?
Members can get involved by attending meetings, participating in PTK activities, and communicating with officers and advisors. Volunteer opportunities are organized, committees are formed to work on different projects, connections are made with fellow Phi Theta Kappans, and fun events are held both on and off campus. Members are encouraged to enrich their time at MiraCosta College by becoming involved in PTK.
Video: Phi Theta Kappa Membership FAQs
Stay tuned for 2019-20 PTK events!
- Phi Theta Kappa Official Website
- Phi Theta Kappa Regional Website
- MCC Honors Scholar Program
- Associated Student Government (ASG)