The Academic Proctoring Center
An appointment is required to take an exam in the Academic Proctoring Center!
PLEASE NOTE: NO SAME DAY APPOINTMENTS AND SAME DAY APPOINTMENT CHANGES ALLOWED.
The Academic Proctoring Center provides a supervised testing site for:
- Students referred by the Disabled Student Programs and Services department for testing with extended time.
- Students with a critical need who have their instructor’s authorization to take a make-up exam. Make up exams are not guaranteed, but a courtesy service provided to faculty if space and time allow. Please note: MAKE-UP EXAMS ARE NOT AVAILABLE DURING FINAL EXAM WEEK, DECEMBER 10th - DECEMBER 17th.
- We are unable to accommodate makeup exams during high impact testing times such as midterms and finals at our SEC and OCN campus. During midterms October 11th - October 14th, as well as during October 25th - October 27th makeup exam slots are available at our Community Learning Center. Please call 760-795-6685 for an appointment.
- Students taking courses from another institution that need to take proctored exams are accommodated at our Community Learning Center. This service is provided as space and time permits (Please see Proctored Exam For Non Students).
The APC does not currently proctor exams for classes meeting on-ground (except as noted in #2 and #3 above), or exams that involve the use of specialized computer programs, oral components or lab activities.
Hours Starting September 6th, 2016
OCEANSIDE Testing Office & Academic Proctoring Center, located in Room 3334 (View Map)
- Mondays, Tuesdays: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Fridays and Saturdays between 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
***Please note we are closed the following days: Saturday, September 3rd, Monday, September 5th, Friday, November 11th, Saturday, November 12th, Thursday, November 24th, Friday, November 25th, Saturday, November 26th,December 19th - January 1st.
SAN ELIJO Testing Office & Academic Proctoring Center, located in Room 101 (View Map)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm ***
***Please note that our SEC office is closed on Fridays and Saturdays!
COMMUNITY LEARNING CENTER Testing Office, located in Room 137 (View Map)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 10:00 am - 6:30 pm ***
***Please note that our CLC office is closed on Fridays and Saturdays!
The Academic Proctoring Center will be CLOSED the following 2016 days:
- Saturday, September 3rd
- Monday, September 5th
- Friday, November 11th
- Saturday, November 12th
- Thursday, November 24th, Friday, November 25th, Saturday, November 26th
- December 19th - January 1st.
- Students are required to schedule an appointment to take an exam! No same day appointments can be accommodated, and no same day appointment changes can be made. Please be prepared to arrive in time for your appointment!
- If a student is late for an appointment, the seat becomes available to another student after 15 minutes.
- Student may not leave the testing room during a test. Please plan on completing your test in one sitting!
- The instructor will be notified whenever a student does not show up for a scheduled appointment.
- A student who misses an appointment is not guaranteed another appointment for the same test. This will depend on appointment availability and the policy of the instructor regarding a missed exam time.
- Please schedule final exam appointments a week in advance!
MiraCosta College supports a harmonious, safe and productive learning environment. Being respectful towards fellow students, staff and property is expected. Any violation of the Student Code of Conduct including but not limited to; disruptive behavior, cheating and dishonesty, will result in an incident report being filed followed by student disciplinary action!