The Academic Proctoring Center
An appointment is required to take an exam in the Academic Proctoring Center! During finals week we will be testing out of many different rooms. Review the information below to find out where your exam will be taking place.
PLEASE NOTE: NO SAME DAY APPOINTMENTS AND SAME DAY APPOINTMENT CHANGES ALLOWED.
The Academic Proctoring Center provides a supervised testing site for:
- Students referred by the Disabled Student Programs and Services department for testing with extended time.
- Students with a critical need who have their instructor’s authorization to take a make-up exam. Make up exams are not guaranteed, but a courtesy service provided to faculty if space and time allow. Please note: MAKE-UP EXAMS ARE NOT AVAILABLE DURING FINAL EXAM WEEK (May 22nd - May 27th).
- Students taking courses from another institution that need to take proctored exams. This service is provided as space and time permits (Please see Proctored Exam For Non Students).
The APC does not currently proctor exams for classes meeting on-ground (except as noted in #2 and #3 above), or exams that involve the use of specialized computer programs, oral components or lab activities.
Hours Starting June 13th
OCEANSIDE Testing Office & Academic Proctoring Center, located in Room 3334 (View Map)
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- New! We are now open on Saturdays between 9:00 am - 3:00 pm***
***Please note we are closed the following Saturdays: July 2nd, September 3rd, November 12th, November 26th, December 24th, December 31st.
SAN ELIJO Testing Office & Academic Proctoring Center, located in Room 101 (View Map)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm ***
***Please note that our SEC office is closed on Fridays and Saturdays!
The Academic Proctoring Center will be CLOSED for the following 2016 holidays:
- Monday, July 4th
- Monday, September 5th
- Friday, November 11th
- Saturday, November 12th
- Thursday, November 24th
- Friday, November 25th
- Saturday, November 26th
- December 23rd - January 2, 2017
- ***MiraCosta College Student Services Departments on the Oceanside Campus, including Testing, will close at 3:00pm on the last Friday of every month for Staff Meetings.
- MiraCosta College supports a harmonious, safe and productive learning environment. Being respectful towards fellow students, staff and property is expected. Any violation of the Student Code of Conduct including but not limited to; disruptive behavior, cheating and dishonesty, will result in an incident report being filed followed by student disciplinary action!
- Students are required to schedule an appointment to take an exam! No same day appointmetns can be accommodated, and no same day appointment changes can be made. Please be prepared to arrive in time for your appointment!
- If a student is late for an appointment, the seat becomes available to another student after 15 minutes.
- The instructor will be notified whenever a student does not show up for a scheduled appointment.
- A student who misses an appointment is not guaranteed another appointment for the same test. This will depend on appointment availability and the policy of the instructor regarding a missed exam time.
- No same day appointmetns or drop in testing allowed.
- Please schedule final exam appointments a week in advance!