The Nordson STEM Center Is Open!
The Nordson Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Center is located in the Library on the Oceanside campus. The Nordson STEM Center provides drop-in tutoring and counseling for students in Chemistry, Physics, Math, Biology, Biotechnology, Physical Science and Computer Science courses.
Students are able to study independently or in group study rooms that can be reserved. Many resources are available including faculty office hours, laptops, textbooks, anatomical and molecular models.
Meet a STEM Student
Meet Matthew, a STEM major at MiraCosta He is studying electrical engineering and physics. Matthew did not know what he wanted to study until he came to MiraCosta and took his first math course. Because of that class, he found his passion in math and physics, through which he can explore and understand how the world works. Matthew is excited to pursue his interests through presenting projects at research conferences like MiraCosta's OMNI Honors Research Showcase. He is currently the chair of Math Club and has been very involved with the Honors Scholar Program for the past two years, through which he received the Ellen Goldin Student Spirit Award. In his free time, Matthew enjoys rock climbing and attending science talks and STEM events. You can find Matthew tutoring at the Math Learning Center and tutoring physics at the Nordson STEM Center.
Contact Information, Location, and Hours
P 760.757.2121 x6388
The STEM Center is located downstairs in the MiraCosta Library on the Oceanside campus.
Reserve a Study Room
- M-Th: 8am - 9pm
- Fri: 8am - 3pm
- Sat: 10am - 5pm
- Drop-In Tutoring for STEM courses by Peer Tutors and Instructional Assistants
- Drop-In STEM counseling
- Group study rooms with whiteboards and LED monitors
- Check out of learning aids (anatomy and chemistry models, textbooks, laptops with course related software.
- Independent study
- Faculty office hours held in STEM center
- Online chats with professors
- Student success workshops
- STEM career and seminar talks
- Soft seating area to build community amongst students
- STEM Social Events to meet other students, scientists and professors.