The MiraCosta STEM Learning Centers
The MiraCosta Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Learning Centers provide individualized (one-on-one), drop-in tutoring, and counseling for students in Chemistry, Physics, Math, Biology, Biotechnology, Physical Science and Computer Science courses at both the Oceanside and San Elijo campuses.
Students are able to study independently or in group study rooms that can be reserved. Many resources are available including faculty office hours, laptops, textbooks, calculators, anatomical models and slides, and molecular models.
Reserve a Study Room
Special Events and Current Workshops
First Friday Discussion Series Returns!
Please join us on Sept 7th, 11:00 am -12:15 pm in the Nordson STEM Center (1200) for the First Friday Discussion "The Mysteries and Wonder of the Electron: a physicist, a chemist, a biologist, and a poet take on everybody's favorite lepton." Scientists leading the discussion are Joe Salamon, Jeff Ihara, Kaitlin Fisher and Pedro Morgado. A sweet snack will be served and all faculty, staff, administrators and students are welcome to attend. See past First Friday Discussions.
Dimensional Analysis Workshops
This workshop will focus on converting units. Units to be converted will included quantities within the metric system, the English (American) system and between metric and English systems. Students will have the opportunity to practice, practice, practice!
The STEM Center Presents: Free TEAS Prep Workshops!
Current nursing student and STEM Center Tutor Lindsey will guide you through the ATI TEAS Study Manual (6th Ed.) Free for Current MiraCosta Students. Two sessions are being offered, 8 classes weekly on Saturdays from 10am-12pm. Session 1: Aug25-Oct13, Session 2: Oct20-Dec8 Sign up at the first session you attend! For more information please contact Carl Banks.
For dates and times of all Workshops and events see our calendar
Contact Information, Location, and Hours
The Nordson STEM Learning Center
Location: Downstairs in the MiraCosta Library on the Oceanside campus.
Hours: M-Th: 7:30am-9pm, Fri: 7:30am-3pm, Sat: 10-5pm
Contact: 760.757.2121, x6388
STEM Center at San Elijo
Location: In the SAN library, room 105.
Hours: M-Th: 10am – 6:30pm, Fri: 10am- 3pm, Sat: Closed.
Contact: 760.757.2121, x7748
- Drop-In Tutoring for STEM Courses by Peer Tutors and Instructional Assistants
- Drop-In STEM Counseling
- Group Study Rooms with Whiteboards and LED Monitors (Reserve a Room Here)
- Check-out STEM Learning Materials and Aids
- Textbook, Laptops with Course Specific Software, Anatomy and Chemistry Models, and More!
- Independent Study Spaces
- Faculty Office Hours Held in STEM Center
- Student Success Workshops
- STEM Career and Seminar Talks
- Comfortable Seating Area to Build Community Amongst Students
- STEM Social Events to Meet Other Students, Scientists and Professors.
- Appointment-based Tutoring Sessions
- Free Snack Bowl Provided by the MiraCosta Food Pantry