The Nordson STEM Learning Center
The Nordson Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Learning Center is located in the Library on the Oceanside campus. The Nordson STEM Center provides individualized (one-on-one) drop-in tutoring and counseling for students in Chemistry, Physics, Math, Biology, Biotechnology, Physical Science and Computer Science courses.
Students are able to study independently or in group study rooms that can be reserved. Many resources are available including faculty office hours, laptops, textbooks, anatomical and molecular models.
Reserve a Study Room Now!
Special Events and Current Workshops
Exam Review Sessions at the STEM Center
STEM Center IAs are hosting weekly exam prep sessions for Chem 108, Bio110/111, and Bio 230. No registration required. See calendar for exact dates and times.
Free TEAS Prep. Workshops!
Every Thursday from 9:00am till 11:00am - The STEM Center will host eight sessions every Thursday starting June 15th. Current Nursing Students and STEM Center Tutors will provide a free workshop focused on the ATI TEAS Study Manual (6th Ed.). Free for MiraCosta students! Please sign up at the STEM Center front desk or email Carl Banks at email@example.com.
For dates and times of all Workshops and events see our calendar
Contact Information, Location, and Hours
Phone: 760.757.2121 x6388
The Nordson STEM Learning Center is located downstairs in the MiraCosta Library on the Oceanside campus.
M-Th: 9am - 7pm
Fri: 9am - 3pm
- Drop-In Tutoring for STEM Courses by Peer Tutors and Instructional Assistants
- Drop-In STEM Counseling
- Group Study Rooms with Whiteboards and LED Monitors (Reserve a Room Here)
- Check-out STEM Learning Materials and Aids
- Textbooks, Laptops with Course Specific Software, Anatomy and Chemistry Models, and More!
- Independent Study Spaces
- Faculty Office Hours Held in STEM Center
- Student Success Workshops
- STEM Career and Seminar Talks
- Comfortable Seating Area to Build Community Amongst Students
- STEM Social Events to Meet Other Students, Scientists and Professors.