Patrick J. Pardo
Position Desired: Student Trustee
Academic Major: (Art) History
Career Goal: Professor/Student Activities Director at MiraCosta College
1. What do you hope to accomplish for the students of MiraCosta College?
- To represent the students on the MCC Board of Trustees
- To advocate for the students where and when necessary
- To share my experiences, strengths and hopes I’ve gathered as an ASG Officer over the past 2 ½ years, to the coming student leaders
- To foster a network amongst students, faculty, staff, MCC Board of Trustees, and community members in order to increase student retention
2. What high school, college, or community volunteer positions have you held?
- I’m an active member of the MCC H.O.P.E. Volunteer club. We do service wrok at senior/retirement facilities, homeless shelters, and for many other organizations
- Presently I volunteer 3 days out of the week.
3. What qualities do you possess that will make you a good leader?
- I’m honest, passionate for student success, hungry to serve, sacrificial, transparent, tolerant when I don’t understand, not afraid to fail, willing to seek advice
- I belong to various organizations that foster new leadership ideas, such as; the National Organization Institute, The Roosevelt Institute, The Campaign for Community College Opportunity, and the like.
4. Do you have any prior student leadership experience? If so, please explain.
- While at MCC I’ve been “Senator of the Month,” Vice President of Public Relations, and President-all in the Associated Student Government.
- I’ve served as President of MCC H.O.P.E. Volunteer Club
- Presently I serve as chair of the Student Center Advisory Committee
- Presently I serve as the SSCCC Region X Lt. Governor