Fugu - SFTP Client for Apple devices
Transferring files using Fugu
To transfer files between your Apple devices and the ART server using the Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) program, follow the steps outlined below:
Download Fugu here. Problems with the download? Check your browser's security bar, or try this direct link. Here are some alternatives FTP applications to include Fetch. You may use these apps at your own risk.
How to Connect using Fugu
Open the Fugu application, and enter the following information:
- Connect to: art.miracosta.edu
- Username: Your SURF ID ex. W7251234
- Directory: art:/
- If you don't know which remote directory contains your class folder, ask your instructor.
- Click Connect. The program will now ask you for your password.
- Password: •••••••• (same as your SURF password)
- Note: Do not click the Add Password to Keychain check the box.
- Click the Authenticate button to proceed.
Once you connect, you will see a similar window with the listed folders respective to the Remote Directory you logon to.
Drag and Drop your files - Fugu supports a drag and drop feature. You can select a file on the left pane, drag it, and drop it in your class folder located on the right pane. Also, you can select a file from anywhere in your hard drive and drag it to your class folder.
To end the session, click the Disconnect button. Then quit the application.