Student Life and Leadership
Who We Are:
The Student Life & Leadership Office is rich with activities, events, information, and resources centers, as well as focal points for service and leadership development programs.
What We Do:
- Support for the College's student government, Associated Students of MiraCosta College
- Campus student organizations, formation, and support
- Campus Information Center
- Campus social, recreational, cultural, and educational programming
- Community Service Learning Program and Volunteer Fair
- Leadership development
- Student Activities Calendar clearance
- Campus posting approval
- Literature distribution guidelines
- On-campus event criteria
These services enhance the educational experience of students and foster social, intellectual, and physical growth.
Our staff is firmly committed to actively promoting student involvement and development.
Meet Our Staff:
- Jim Gonzales
Director of Student Life & Leadership
- Jane DeRoche
Chariot Student Media Adviser
- Melanie Haynie
Student Center Manager/Club and Organization Advocate
- Charity Singleton
Secretary Clerk III, Student Center Night Clerk
- Monique Tuisamoa
Interim Secretary/Clerk-Student Life & Leadership
- Rachel Schlesinger
Secretary Clerk/Student Life & Leadership
- Christopher Mcintyre
Interim Secretary/Clerk Student Life & Leadership
Building 3400, Room 3432
Fall 2017 Office Hours
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
San Elijo Campus
Student Center, Room 929
Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.