STUDENT SUCCESS AND STUDENT SUPPORT PLAN
Student Success and Student Support Plan for MiraCosta College
The Student Success and Student Support Act of 2012, also known as SB 1456 or SSSP, was enacted with the goal to increase student access and success in the California Community College system. In order to achieve this goal, colleges will provide students with core SSSP services, including (1) orientation, (2) assessment and placement, and (3)counseling, advising, and other education planning services, and the support services necessary to assist them in achieving their educational goal and declared course of study.
While the goal of the Student Success and Support Program is to increase student access and success by providing students with core SSSP services, colleges must specifically provide the following:
- Provide at least an abbreviated SEP to all entering students with a priority focus on students who enroll to earn degrees, career technical certificates, transfer preparation, or career advancement.
- Provide orientation, assessment and placement, and counseling, advising, and other education planning services to all first-time students
- Provide students with any assistance needed to define their course of study and develop a comprehensive SEP by the end of the third term but no later than completion of 15 units.
- Provide follow-up services, especially to students identified as at-risk (students enrolled in basic skills courses, students who have not identified an education goal and course of study, or students on academic or progress probation.
- A first-time student is defined as a student who enrolls at the college for the first time, excluding students who transferred from another institution of higher education, and concurrently enrolled high school students.
Read the annual Student Success and Student Support Plan for MiraCosta College here.
Read the full SB-1456 Community colleges: Seymour-Campbell Student Success Act of 2012