Welcome to the Transfer Center web page. We are here to assist you in your transfer process to the college or university of your choice. The transfer process is multifaceted and you should work with a counselor to make sure your educational plan is appropriate for your goals. Once you have completed a MiraCosta College application and the English and math placement tests, please feel free to contact our office for an appointment. Where Do I Begin?
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Call 760.795.6880 to meet with a Transfer Counselor at the San Elijo Campus.
Sign up now to be included on last minute updates!
Are you a freshman or Veteran and interested in transferring to UCSD?
Please stop by to see if you are eligible to sign the contract for the UniversityLink (ULink) program - a guaranteed admission program with a 3.0 GPA.
Are you interested in attending Cal State University, San Marcos for fall 2014 or have questions about admission requirements? Appointments are available at the Oceanside Campus - please stop by Building 3700 or call the Transfer Center at 760-795-6880 to schedule an appointment with the San Marcos Veterans advisor.
UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP)
The UC TAP tool is designed for students transferring from California community colleges, including those students who are seeking a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) with one of the seven participating UC campuses.
Students can use the Transfer Admission Planner to enter their coursework (completed and planned) from the very beginning of their college careers, or at any point when they decide to transfer to a UC campus.
November News & Events
- October 1- November 30: Online application due for students planning to transfer fall 2014 to a California State University (CSU).
- November 1- 30: Online application due for students planning to transfer fall 2014 to a University of California (UC). Site opens October 1.
- November 28 - December 1: Thanksgiving. College Closed.
- November 30: Last day to submit online UC/CSU applications for fall 2014!
December News & Events
- December 24 - January 1: College Closed
- Do you have an educational plan? Call (760) 795-6880 to set up an appointment with a transfer counselor to create an individual academic transfer plan. Students must complete the math and English assessment tests prior to their appointment.
- Plans for graduate school?
- The California State University application is available online.
- You can apply to a University of California school online.
- You must apply for IGETC certification when you request your official transcript at the end of your last term at MiraCosta College.