Transfer Information for CSUs

The CSU offers bachelors and masters degrees in some 200 subject areas. Campuses are located in Bakersfield, Channel Islands, Chico, Dominguez Hills, Fresno, Fullerton, Hayward, Humboldt, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Monterey Bay, Northridge, Pomona, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, San Luis Obispo, San Marcos, Sonoma, Stanislaus, and Vallejo (California Maritime Academy).

CSU Associate Degree to Transfer (AD-T)

Currently the CSU system does not offer a guaranteed admission program to individual schools. However, an AD-T guarantees admission into at least one of the CSU school. Please visit the website often for updates and talk to your counselor for more information.

Transfer Information for UCs

Begin planning today with the UC Transfer Admission Planner (UC TAP) tool. It is designed for students transferring from California community colleges, including those students who are seeking a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) with one of the six participating UC campuses. Students can use the Transfer Admission Planner to enter their coursework (completed and planned) from the very beginning of their college careers, or at any point when they decide to transfer to a UC campus.

MiraCosta offers Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Programs to the following UC campuses:

We also offer Priority Admission to:

* It is highly recommended that you meet with a transfer counselor at MiraCosta College.

Transferring Options to the University of California System

There are two ways to transfer as a junior from MiraCosta College to the UC system:

UCSD University Link

The UniversityLink* Program is a partnership between the University of California, San Diego and MiraCosta College and local high schools. It is a program that guarantees high school students admission to UCSD by completing the first two years of academic course work at MiraCosta. The program offers outstanding service, including individual academic advisement and counseling, informational workshops and tours, invitations to special events at UCSD, and contact with current UCSD students. The UniversityLink agreement must be submitted to UCSD during the spring of the senior year in high school or during the first year at MiraCosta College. For additional information consult the Transfer Center.

Transfer Information for Private and Out of State Schools