ACADEMIC PEER MENTORING PROGRAM
The mission of the Academic Peer Mentoring Program is to provide guidance and facilitate academic and social support to new pre-transfer level students at MiraCosta College as they make their transition to college life.
- Increase success and retention rates of pre-transfer level student participants.
- Enable pre-transfer level students to develop and employ appropriate study skills strategies.
- Orient pre-transfer level students in college resources, campus services and provide social support.
- Orient pre-transfer level student participants in college classroom expectations.
- Provide motivation for academic excellence through peer role modeling.
- Provide pre-transfer level students a welcoming experience and a sense of belonging in college by providing them an Academic Peer Mentor.
- Provide pre-transfer level students with opportunities for personal and academic growth.
Academic Peer Mentoring Program:
(760) 757-2121 ext. 6267
Like us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mccapmp?ref=hl