Getting Started at MiraCosta College
New Student Veterans (first time at MiraCosta College)
1. Submit an application to MiraCosta College. Fill out an online application.
2. Send all official transcripts to MiraCosta College
- Request official transcripts from all previously attended colleges, universities, and training institutes. This includes military transcripts. Request your JST here.
- You may bring in official transcripts to the T100 building as long as they remain in sealed envelopes.
- Once all transcripts are received, you must request that they be evaluated. This is not automatic. Not completing this step will cause a delay in receiving your benefits.
3. Complete Matriculation
- To be eligible for priority registration (active duty and veterans only), you must complete matriculation:
4. Meet with a Veterans Counselor
- If all official transcripts are not received and evaluated, please bring copies of all unofficial transcripts to your appointment.
- You must have an ID number to get an appointment
- Counselors are located in the Veterans Information Center in building T100 on the Oceanside campus. Appointments can be made by phone at 760-757-2121 x6981.
5. Enroll in Courses
- Student must enroll in classes prior to requesting certification for VA Educational Benefits.
- You must only enroll in the courses listed on your educational plan. If you have questions about the courses you are enrolling for, please make an appointment to see a counselor.
6. Visit the Veterans Education Office to complete your Letter of Intent
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions, go to MiraCosta College - Veterans Education Office- Frequently Asked Questions