Getting Started at MiraCosta College
New Student Veterans (first time at MiraCosta College)
1. Submit an application to MiraCosta College. Fill out an online application.
2. Go to the Veterans Education Office
- Obtain all required forms from the Veterans Education Office located in building 3300.
- Submit completed forms and a copy of the DD214-Member 4 copy. Reservists bring Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
3. Request Offical Transcripts
- Request official transcripts from all previously attended colleges, universities, and training institutes. This includes military transcripts. Forward the transcripts to MiraCosta College Admissions and Records.
- You may bring in official transcripts as long as they remain in sealed envelopes.
- Request that they be evaluated by MiraCosta College's Admissions and Records Office.
- All transcripts must be received before the end of your first semester.
4. Take Math and English Placement Tests (if needed)
- Testing Office, Oceanside Campus, building 3300 room 3334, (760)795-6685
- Testing Office, San Elijo Campus, building 100 room 1, (760) 944-4449 x 7752
5. Create an Education Plan
- If this is your FIRST semester at MiraCosta College, you must meet with a MiraCosta counselor BEFORE THE END of your first semester and after all your transcripts are received and evaluated to formulate an Education Plan.
- Note: your counseling session for an education plan may be stopped if your transcripts have not been evaluated.
6. Enroll in Courses
- Student must enroll in classes prior to requesting certification for VA Educational Benefits.
- If you need help selecting classes make an appointment to see a counselor.
7. Letter of Intent
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions, go to MiraCosta College - Veterans Education Office- Frequently Asked Questions