The course syllabus will be available soon on BlackBoard. The instructor will e-mail all enrolled students a few days prior to the start of the semester with important information for getting started in the course.
There are 2 required items for this class:
1: Nutrition Concepts & Controversies, 13th edition, Sizer & Whitney, Cengage Learning;
2: Diet Analysis Plus+ Software (Access Code), 10th edition, Cengage Learning.
Requirements for this course include:
• Have regular access to a computer with connection to the Internet.
• Ability to submit homework in one of three formats only: doc, docx, or pdf. WORK SUBMITTED IN OTHER FORMATS WILL NOT BE GRADED.
• This is a 100% online course and students must have a strong self motivation for studying and learning.
• Be willing to spend up to 9 hours per week on the course, which is equivalent to 3 hours in class and 6 hours outside of class.
• Have moderate experience with the Web, email, attachments, downloading, etc.
• Understand and apply appropriate email etiquette.
Although the course is entirely online, it is not self-paced. You complete the assignments for each week on your own time schedule within that week. Each student assignment is to be completed and submitted by the due date stated in the Course Schedule (posted on Blackboard). If you wait until the due date to submit assignments or take exams and have technical difficulty, make-up testing or submitting late assignments is not allowed.