Benefits of the EOPS Summer Block Program
- You will receive college credit during the summer and the courses are transferable to universities.
- You will complete a Student Educational Plan with your Counseling instructor. This will ensure you take the appropriate classes to achieve your academic goals; whether it is to obtain a certificate, an associates degree, or transfer to a four-year institution.
- You will have the opportunity to develop a strong peer support system and make new friends.
- You will get familiar with the campus and resources before the Fall semester begins..
- You will get to meet and interact with faculty and staff members who are committed to your academic success.
- You will learn the importance of career planning, college research skills, and strategies for making the most of your college experience.
To participate in the EOPS Summer Block Program, please follow the steps below:
1. Complete a MiraCosta College admissions application.
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the CA Dream Act application (for California AB540 eligible students).
- Make sure to complete both, the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 FAFSA or Dream Act applications.
3. Download and complete the EOPS Summer Block Summer application below and make sure to select "Block 1" or "Block 2".
SUMMER BLOCK APPLICATION
Once you complete the application, you can mail it to:
- MiraCosta College -EOPS MS3B 1 Barnard Drive Oceanside, CA 92056.
- You may also fax the application to 760.967.6420