Saturday, October 10 & November 7, 2020
Come see one of the most talked about Broadway Musicals, Hamilton, at Hollywood’s Pantages Theatre! With nine Tony Award Nominations and 9.68 critic rating, it’s no wonder it’s been so hard to procure tickets for this show. Pure ambition and the political personal maneuverings of a social climber make Hamilton’s story ripe for exploitation on the stage. Lin-Manuel Miranda, creator, uses rap music, lyrics and fun theatrical dance numbers to recreate the ambitious leanings of an intelligent administrative genius. From orphan to George Washington's right-hand man, rebel to war hero, to our nation’s first Secretary of the Treasury, Hamilton brings the incredible story of Alexander Hamilton to the stage in an ingenious way. We will head to Hollywood & Highland Center so you can see some sights, shop and purchase snacks or lunch. The show is at 2 pm and it is two hours and 50 minutes (including intermission). Tickets are expected to sell out quickly, so purchase your tickets soon!
Guide: Rose Khon
Activity Level: Easy
Depart: San Elijo Campus, 9 AM. Return: approx 8 PM.
- Includes transportation and tickets in the front Mezzanine D sections. There are no elevators to Mezzanine seats.
- This musical includes actors rapping their lines in a hip-hop style, some of which may include explicit language.
Excursion Rules & Regulations
- The bus will depart on time. Day parking permits are required at MiraCosta College except Sundays. Parking permit may be purchased from machine. Day parking fee is $1.
- Refunds will be granted no later than five working days before the excursion. There will be a $25 cancellation fee if the excursion is full and a replacement can be found. No refunds will be granted after the excursion has taken place.
- Anyone missing the bus will not receive a refund.
- MiraCosta College reserves the right to make itinerary changes if necessary.
- Any excursion may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Seating arrangements on the bus will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Those who have difficulty sitting at the rear of the bus are advised to arrive early.
- No smoking is permitted on the bus.