- Lab Assistants are available as resource persons during open lab hours and are not permitted to do student assignments nor provide more than ten (10) minutes assistance per student request at any given time.
- Lab Assistants are well-versed in software knowledge; however, it is impossible to know all software applications and programming languages. It is the responsibility of students themselves to study all course materials before coming to the labs.
- To preserve the cleanliness of the labs, no food, beverages, or any tobacco products are permitted in any lab (MCC Admin. Policy III.B-02.h). Only screw-top or pop-top containers.
- Do not lean on the tables and please keep your legs and feet off the tables, computers and chairs. (MCC Admin. Procedure 5500: Standards of student conduct - Item Q)
- MiraCosta College students have priority in Open Labs. Community patrons are encouraged to use the libraries' computing resources -- Open Lab computers may be used if available.
- A two-hour maximum time limit on computers is in effect if a waiting list develops.
- Please keep in mind that not all labs are considered quiet labs/study areas. Contact Lab Assistants for information about available quiet labs.
- Computers within labs cannot be used to copy copyrighted software or to download movies, music, etc.
- All students must provide their own storage media (thumb/jump drives preferred), which may be purchased at the MiraCosta College Bookstores (Building 3400, Oceanside campus or Building 300, San Elijo campus).
- Students are recommended to label their storage media with their name, phone number and/or SURF ID number. Lost storage media will be kept until the end of the semester; check with the Lab Assistant on duty for any lost items. After this deadline, all media will be recycled and/or discarded.
- All student assignments/work must be stored on the portable storage media; any documents saved to the hard drive will be deleted -- all lab computers are shutdown each evening and any student data will be deleted and unrecoverable.
- Infants and minor children of students may be brought to the campus when they are to be supervised by another adult in an area normally accessible to the public or in an area approved by the Superintendent/President and specifically designated for infants and minor children. A student may not leave a child unsupervised while the student is in the labs. (MCC Admin. Procedures VIII.G-01.j)
- All labs are maintained for optimal performance in support of MiraCosta's students. The college is not responsible for potential virus infection. All computers are installed with virus-detection software, but any loss of information from student storage media due to virus activity is not the responsibility of MiraCosta College.
- Violation of any of these policies and guidelines may result in suspension of lab privileges which may include ejection from lab premises and/or removal of future lab use privileges.
Reserving a computer by leaving your personal belongings is not permitted in the AIS computer labs, please take your belongings with you when you leave the computer lab. Belongings left for a max of 20 minutes are subject to removal by computer lab staff and placed in Lost and Found. The AIS Computer Labs are not responsible for the theft of personal belongings.
Please contact Jill Ringer, Instructional Assistant II (email@example.com 760-795-6849) or Abdy Afzali, Instructional Technology Coordinator with any questions or concerns about computer labs and centers at MiraCosta College (firstname.lastname@example.org, 760.795.6731).