PDP is the acronym for the Professional Development Program at MiraCosta College: an effort to provide faculty with a comprehensive and systematic program of activities and resources designed to foster staff, student, and/or instructional improvement.
The PDP committee develops the local policies and procedures pursuant to our participation in the state's Flexible Calendar Program, a privilege afforded to community colleges whereby instructional time can be replaced by "flex" time on the academic calendar. Thus, PDP-sponsored activities are sometimes referred to as "flex" activities or activities done for "flex" credit.
The program also sponsors workshops during flex week and throughout the term, develop the flex calendar, maintain a library of resources and equipment for faculty use, offers funds to support travel to and participation in professional development activities, assists faculty with maintaining their flex transcripts, and provides access to other relevant resources.
Fall 2016 FLEX Schedule (PDF)
NOTE: This single pdf document has an individual page for each day of FLEX week including:
Friday, August 12th through Thursday, August 18th, 2016.
Click on the workshop name in the FLEX schedule for a description and more information.
REMINDER: After you attend a FLEX workshop, please click on the workshop name on your MyFlex Transcript and
fill out the online evaluation form for that workshop! Thank you!
Additionally, FRIDAY, August 19th is ALL COLLEGE DAY from 9:00 - 11:00am in the Concert Hall.
(This day has not been included on the FLEX schedule as a separate page; however, you can enroll in this workshop under the 'Workshops' tab when you log into MyFlex - Manage Your Transcript.)
Changes to the FLEX schedule.
1. Date Change: Sage Creek Orientation for MCC Faculty has been moved from Tuesday, August 16, 2016 to Monday, August 22, 2016 - same time - 3:30 - 4:20pm at Sage Creek High School.
2. Room Change (x 2): Tuesday, August 16, 2016, Retirement / Pension Theory AND Pensions (CalSTRS) & Retirement Planning - Part 2, have both been moved to room OC3516.
3. Room Change: Tuesday, August 16, 2016, Club Advising - What to Expect and What's Expected has been moved to OC3512.
4. Time Change: Thursday, August 18, 2016, Learning Communities 1.0: Test Drive LCs in room OC3510 will take place at the new time of 2:00 - 3:50pm.
5. Room Change: Thursday, August 18, 2016, 2-4 Year Tenure Candidate Training has been moved to room OC3510.
6. CANCELLED Workshop: Thursday, August 18th, POT Workshop: Creative Online Teaching Forum, SAN 407. This workshop will be presented ONLINE only at the same time, 10a-11:20a.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES, Flex Week and Beyond!
In addition our robust workshop offerings during flex week, consider participating in these other professional development activities:
Back to top
NOTE: The reporting DEADLINE for Professional Development / FLEX activities is the end of the 12th week of the current semester in which you teach.
FALL 2016: Thursday, November 10, 2016
SPRING 2017: Friday, April 21, 2017
The reporting DEADLINE for Professional Development / FLEX activities is June 1st.
Back to top
PDP / Flex
One Barnard Drive, M/S 8C
Oceanside, CA 92056
Oceanside Campus Map, Room 4603
Mon - Fri 8:00am to 4:30pm
P 760.757.2121 x6498
Back to top
Back to Top