Professional Development Program / Flex
New Professional Development Program Website on Canvas!
To find Dates and Deadlines, Log Into MyFlex, Propose a Flex Workshop, Project Joy, Find Resources / Opportunities for Professional Development, Forms, Information, and much more...visit our new Canvas Website
- PDP is the acronym for the Professional Development Program at MiraCosta College: an effort to provide faculty with a comprehensive and systematic program of activities and resources designed to foster staff, student, and/or instructional improvement.
- The PDP Committee develops the local policies and procedures pursuant to our participation in the state's Flexible Calendar Program, a privilege afforded to community colleges whereby insructional time can be replaced by "flex" time on the academic calendar. Thus, PDP-sponsored activities are sometimes referred to as "flex" activities or activities done for "flex" credit.
- The program also sponsors workshops during flex week and throughout each semester, develops the flex calendar, maintains a library of resources and equipment for faculty use, offers funds to support travel to and participation in professional development activities, assists faculty with maintaining their flex transcripts, and provides access to other relevant resources!
Meeting Schedule ~ Agendas / Minutes - 2018-2019
The PDP Committee meets the second Friday of each month from 11:30am - 1:30pm in the room as noted below..
- September 14, 2018 ~ Room OC3101 (Agenda | Minutes)
- October 12, 2018 - Room OC3101 (Agenda | Minutes - pending approval)
- November 9, 2018 - Room OC3101 (Agenda | Minutes)
- December 14, 2018 - Room TBD (Agenda | Minutes)
- February 8, 2019 - Room TBD (Agenda | Minutes)
- March 8, 2019 - Room TBD (Agenda | Minutes)
- April 12, 2019 - Room TBD (Agenda | Minutes)
- May 10, 2019 - Room TBD (Agenda | Minutes)
Meeting Schedule ~ Agendas / Minutes - 2017-2018
The PDP Committee meets the second Friday of each month from 11:30am - 1:30pm in room OC1253B TIC/Library
unless otherwise noted.
- September 8, 2017
- October 13, 2017
- December 8, 2017 (cancelled)
- March 9, 2018
- May 11, 2018