The President's Alliance on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (PADEI), in consultation with the College President, coordinates college matters that promote and sustain a campus climate that creates and supports respect and diversity among all faculty, staff, administrators, and students throughout the district. MiraCosta College is committed to providing a strong, supportive, and authentic environment where difference is valued, respected, encouraged, and honored; where all faculty, staff, and students experience a sense of belonging and the freedom to express themselves, and where their experiences are recognized and valued. MiraCosta College strives to be a model for equity and inclusion. The Alliance is committed to providing opportunities for engagement both across the campus and within the communities the college serves.
Areas of Focus
- Assist in the coordination of various initiatives across campus as they relate to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Bridge communication among and across campus entities involved in the work of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Audit the organization in areas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion through assessments and data collection, such as campus climate surveys, campus pride indices, CCSSE (Community College Survey of Student Engagement), etc., and find solutions to address areas of need.
- Develops staff development and training opportunities for faculty, staff, administrators, and students that promote and advance diversity education, awareness, and understanding.
Expected Frequency of Meetings
Open, monthly meetings with quarterly visits with the college president. Contact the President's Office at 760.795.6610 for the meeting schedule.
PADEI Chair: Full-time Tenured Faculty Member
These members are by way of their role/function in their respective positions:
- Dean of Counseling and Student Development
- Program Manager of Student Equity
- Diversity and Equity Committee Liaison
- Program Manager of School Relations and Diversity Outreach
- Chair of the Equal Employment Opportunity Advisory Committee
- Academic Senate Liaison
- Classified Senate Liaison
- Associated Student Government Liaison
- Board of Trustee
These members are by way of their enthusiasm and expertise in the work of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Full Time Faculty
- Associate Faculty
- Classified Staff
2019-20 Membership PADEI
- Chair: Claudia Flores
- Board Liaison: Bill Fisher
- ASG Liaison: TBD
- Nery Chapeton-Lamas
- Shawn Firouzian
- Annie Ngo
- Kristina Londy
- Jonathan Gomez
- Lisa Montes
- Jodi Mulhall
- Lori Shonley
- Tori Fishinger
- Wendy Stewart
- Al Taccone