MiraCosta students can schedule online tutoring appointments for each enrolled Math, Statistics, and Philosophy 110 course. Appointments are scheduled for 25 minutes and availability is based on tutor availability. You can have up to two, 25-minute appointments scheduled at a time per enrolled course and can have a total of four, 25-minute appointments per calendar week [Monday-Sunday] per enrolled course. Once you complete your last appointment for the calendar week for a specific course, you can schedule your next appointment(s) for the following calendar week for the same course.
Cancellation/Late Policy for Math and STEM Learning Centers
- If you have scheduled more than one appointment, you must cancel each 25-minute appointment separately.
- If you cannot keep your appointment you must cancel at least two hours before the appointment start time, otherwise you will be marked a "No Show."
- If you do not join your appointment by 10 minutes past the appointment start time, you will be marked a "No Show" and the appointment will be cancelled.
- Each missed 25-minute appointment will count as a “No Show.” For example, if you schedule two 25-minute appointments on the same day and you end up missing both appointments, this would count as two “No Shows.”
- Cancelling your appointments three consecutive times will be considered as having one “No Show.”
- Each student will be given two excused “No Shows” per semester (Math and STEM Learning Centers combined).
- For each additional MLC or STEM “No Show” you will be blocked from scheduling any additional MLC and STEM appointments for 2 weeks. MiraCosta STEM/MLC Drop-in Tutoring, e-Tutoring Consortium, and NetTutor can still be utilized during the 2-week period.
Make, View, or Cancel Your Online Math Learning Center Appointment
After scheduling an appointment, you will receive an email confirmation with a specific Zoom link to join your appointment at the scheduled time.