What is the EOPS Summer Block Program?
MiraCosta College’s EOPS Summer Block Program is a six-week college transition session designed to prepare first-time college students for the demands of college-level work. Summer Block students participate in a “block” of classes, receive college credit, work one-on-one with a counselor to develop an educational plan, participate in a field trip and receive book assistance. The program begins on June 2016 and ends on July 2016.
Summer Block Program Courses
Counseling 110, Section # TBD
Library Science 101, Section #TBD
Benefits of the EOPS Summer Block Program
- You will receive college credit during the summer and the courses are transferable to universities.
- You will complete a Student Educational Plan with your Counseling instructor. This will ensure you take the appropriate classes to achieve your academic goals; whether it is to obtain a certificate, an associates degree, or transfer to a four-year institution.
- You will have the opportunity to develop a strong peer support system and make new friends.
- You will get familiar with the campus and resources before the Fall semester begins..
- You will get to meet and interact with faculty and staff members who are committed to your academic success.
- You will learn the importance of career planning, college research skills, and strategies for making the most of your college experience.
To participate in the EOPS Summer Block Program, please follow the steps below:
1. Complete a MiraCosta College admissions application.
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the CA Dream Act application (for California AB540 eligible students).
- Make sure to complete both, the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 FAFSA or Dream Act applications.
3. Download and complete the EOPS Summer Block Summer application below and make sure to select "Block 1" or "Block 2".
EOPS SUMMER BLOCK APPLICATION
Once you complete the application, you can mail it to:
- MiraCosta College -EOPS MS3B 1 Barnard Drive Oceanside, CA 92056.
- You may also fax the application to 760.967.6420