Summer iNSTITUTE for academic enrichment
What is the Summer Institute for Academic Enrichment?
MiraCosta College’s EOPS Summer Institute for Academic Enrichment is a six-week college transition session designed to prepare first-time college students for the demands of college-level work. Students enroll in two summer courses, receive college credit, work one-on-one with a counselor to develop an educational plan, participate in a field trip and receive book assistance. The institute begins on June 13, 2016 and ends on July 22, 2016.
Summer Institute Courses
College Success Skills (COUN 110) , Section # 1058
Time: Monday-Thursday, 7:45am-9:50am
Introduction to Career Planning (CRLP 101), Section #1003
Time: Monday and Wednesday, 10:45am-12:05pm
Benefits of the Summer Institute
- You will receive college credit during the summer and the courses are transferable to universities.
- You will complete a Student Educational Plan with your Counseling instructor. This will ensure you take the appropriate classes to achieve your academic goals; whether it is to obtain a certificate, an associates degree, or transfer to a four-year institution.
- You will have the opportunity to develop a strong peer support system and make new friends.
- You will get familiar with the campus and resources before the Fall semester begins..
- You will get to meet and interact with faculty and staff members who are committed to your academic success.
- You will learn the importance of career planning, college success skills, and strategies for making the most of your college experience.
To participate in the EOPS Summer Institute, please follow the steps below:
1. Complete a MiraCosta College admissions application.
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the CA Dream Act application (for California AB540 eligible students).
- Make sure to complete both, the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 FAFSA or Dream Act applications.
3. Download and complete the EOPS Summer Block Summer application below.
EOPS SUMMER BLOCK APPLICATION
- Completed applications can be turned it at the EOPS Office (Oceanside Campus, Building 3000) or faxed (760.967.6420).