SPring 2014 Haiku Contest
hai·ku \'hī koō\
1. a Japanese poem of seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven, and five, traditionally evoking images of the natural world.
The Writing Center invites all MiraCosta students, faculty, staff, and administrators to enter!
- Participants may submit a maximum of three entries
- Haiku written in language other than English are accepted if a translation is provided
- Haiku will be judged on the following qualities:
- Adherence to the 5-7-5 haiku format
- Word choice
- Originality and creativity
Contest ends Thursday, April 3
Haiku Contest Flyer
Haiku Content Submission Form