Orientation and Onboarding for new students is offered by our Noncredit Student Success and Support Program (NCSSSP). The purpose of the NCSSSP program is to increase student access and success by providing effective core services, including orientation, placement, academic counseling, advising, and early intervention as a foundation for students to achieve their goals.
Noncredit English as a Second Language (NCESL) Onboarding Services
- Placement: Please call 760.795.8736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your class options. There are a variety of classes available to you depending upon your goals and needs.
- Orientation is offered four times a week via Zoom videoconferencing. These one hour sessions are currently available in English and Spanish and contain valuable information to help you be successful. Sign-up for NCESL orientation.
- Counseling: You can meet with our Noncredit Counselors to discuss your academic and career goals. They can also help you address personal issues. For more information about Noncredit Counseling or to make an appointment please visit the Counseling website.
Adult High School (AHS) Onboarding Services
- Placement: You can earn credit towards your Adult High School Diploma by providing us with the transcripts of any other schools you have attended. Your Noncredit Counselor will work with you to decide which classes you need to take based upon your educational history and goals. You might also be asked to complete an “Alternative Measures Form” which asks you about past course work. If you have not yet had your official transcripts sent to our Admissions and Records Office please be sure to do so as soon as possible. You can contact Admissions and Records at 760-795-8710 or email@example.com for assistance.
- Orientation is delivered online through the Canvas learning platform and is self-paced. Completing orientation will help you understand the AHS graduation requirements and will introduce you to the wide range of resources that are available to you as a MiraCosta student. Request access to AHS orientation.
- Counseling: You should meet with a Noncredit Counselor to discuss which classes you should take before you register. Your Counselor can also help you come up with an educational plan that takes into account your long term education and/or career goals. It is important to check in with your Counselor throughout your time in the program to make sure you stay on track and get connected to any resources or additional support you might need. For more information about Noncredit Counseling or to make an appointment please visit the Counseling website.
If you have any questions about NCSSSP or our onboarding and orientation services please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 760.757.2121 x8753.