With a secure password, employees are able to:
- Email on personal iPhones, Androids, tablets, etc. *
- College's network resources: Canvas (including the faculty Student account), SURF, 25Live, Workday, and Library digital resources. See section below, Changing Passwords for Other MCC Systems, for contact information about changing these passwords.
*For wireless laptops / notebooks, smartphones or tablets, the email password must be changed on those devices as well. Email connectivity will be lost until this is updated.
Remember the current password? Go to Step 1 below.
- Step 1 - Determine new password: Password Requirements & Recommendations
- Step 2 - Login to the Password Management System to change the password: https://okta.miracosta.edu
- Changing the Blackboard faculty student account password: This uses the exact same process as regular login (i.e., jdoe) but login with this account's login ID (i.e., jdoe-student).
Changing Passwords Throughout the Year: Passwords may be changed throughout the year, aside from the required biannual employee password resets in March/April and October. Instructions provided above on this page.
Changing Passwords for Other MCC Systems
The following passwords are NOT synchronized with your SURF/Email/Windows accounts and must be changed separately from the above password process:
Faculty Student Canvas Account
Change this password with the same process of the regular Blackboard/Canvas account, except use the account's login ID (for example: gjetson-student).