First Year Forward (FYF) is a program specially designed for recent high school graduates going to college for the first time. This is an exciting time in your life and we at MiraCosta College are here to help make the experience a smooth transition to ensure you are successful. Whether your goal is to transfer to a four-year college/university or to gain skills to enter the workforce, there are a variety of opportunities for you to achieve whatever goal you may have.
Benefits of the program
- Support with registering for courses to reach your academic and career goals
- Access to dedicated FYF counselors & reserved counseling appointments
- Peer mentoring from the Peer Academic Liaison (PAL) team
- Guidance in career & major exploration
- Connection to student support resources
- Community-building events, workshops, and activities
Steps to Get Started
- Complete a MiraCosta College Application
- Complete a FAFSA or California DREAM Act Application
- Complete Spartan Prep Orientation in SURF
- Visit Counseling Express Chat to meet with counseling staff to develop your education plan
- Register for classes and enroll in COUN. 100 for Fall 2021
NOTE: To join the First Year Forward program you must enroll in an FYF-designated Counseling 100 course.