Scheduled Appointment Sessions
MiraCosta students can schedule tutoring appointments for each enrolled STEM, Math, Statistics, and Philosophy 110 course. Appointments are scheduled for 25 minutes with availability based on tutor availability. You can have up to two, 25-minute appointments scheduled at a time per enrolled course and can have a total of four, 25-minute appointments per calendar week [Monday - Sunday] per enrolled course. Once you complete your last appointment for the calendar week for a specific course, you can schedule your next appointment(s) for the following calendar week for the same course.
Cancellation/Late Policy for STEM and Math Learning Center Appointments
- If you have scheduled more than one appointment, you must cancel each 25-minute appointment separately.
- If you cannot keep your appointment please cancel at least two hours before the appointment start time.
- If you do not arrive for your appointment by 10 minutes past the appointment start time, you will be marked a "No Show" and the appointment will be cancelled.
- Each missed 25-minute appointment will count as a "No Show." For example, if you schedule two 25-minute appointments on the same day and you end up missing both appointments, this would count as two "No Shows."
- Each student will be given two excused "No Shows" per semester (STEM and Math Learning Centers combined).
- For each additional STEM or MLC "No Show" you will be blocked from scheduling any additional STEM and MLC appointments for 2 weeks. MiraCosta STEM/MLC Drop-in Tutoring, e-Tutoring Consortium, and NetTutor can still be utilized during the 2-week period.
Make, View, or Cancel Your STEM And Math Learning Center Appointment
Select the location where you would like your appointment to take place.
To access on-campus services, students must show as "Cleared for On-campus Services" in SURF.