Our mission is to offer a supportive environment that teaches students how the "academic culture" works. We strive to highlight the experiences of first-generation college students in order to build community, deconstruct/reconstruct information about the college experience, and build new skills that translate to student success. Please enjoy this brief documentary.
Location / Contact Information
Academic Success Coaches are here to cultivate an environment that encourages students to achieve their academic goals during their time at MiraCosta College. We focus on how to navigate all of the rules and expectations of college that are not taught to students (hidden curriculum). For example;
- Decoding college vocabulary;
- Identifying student strengths from lived experiences;
- How to become a successful scholar-student;
- Developing academic course resiliency;
- Understanding the college bureaucracy and how to navigate through it;
- Creating positive and helpful relationships with students, staff, and faculty;
- Establish manageable academic goals
Coaching Lounge Drop-in Schedule:
Join us for the Coaching Lounge hours below to discuss your dreams. Check us out!
Monday - Saturday 10:00am – 2:00pm
Tuesday & Thursday 5:00pm – 7:00pm