Other Scholarships Available
MiraCosta College receives many solicitations to post scholarship information on our website. Because these solicitations come from various entities and it is difficult to discern what is a legitimate opportunity versus a scam, our office has partnered with iGrad to filter the scholarship opportunities submitted to this office.
Students: to search current scholarships, go to iGrad Scholarship Search
Outside Organizations: submit your organizations’ scholarship by completing the iGrad Scholarship Submission Form
iGrad Scholarship Promise
American Association of University Women (AAUW) Scholarship
Deadline: April 30, 2020
- Enrolled at MiraCosta
- Resident of San Diego County
- Completed 24 units and have been enrolled full time last 2 semesters
- Enrolled 12 units for spring
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Click here for application and more details AAUW scholarship app 2020
The San Diego Foundation (Common Scholarship Application)
Application Opens: December 4, 2019- Deadline: February 5, 2020
Who is eligible?
- Even if you're not a straight-A, star athlete or student body president, we have scholarship opportunities if you have:
- Commitment to your education
- Potential for success in college
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Participation in community service, extracurricular activities and/or work experience
- Need of help to pay for school (including middle-income families)
For more information visit their website at: San Diego Foundation Common Scholarship Application
The John Foy and Associates Scholarship
Deadline: December 20, 2020
Here at John Foy & Associates, we want to help the victims of car accidents and their families because we believe that car accidents leave a lasting effect on the victims. We are deeply moved when we see accident victims push forward with their life plans despite their injuries and trauma.
- You have firsthand experience of either surviving a car accident yourself, or being affected by a close friend or relative who was the victim of a car accident
- You must be enrolled in an accredited college or university as an undergraduate, or you are an incoming freshman at an accredited institution
- The institution must be in the United States
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You must submit an unofficial high school or college transcript; a completed application; and your essay
Apply Here: https://www.johnfoy.com/survivor-of-a-car-accident-scholarship/
Temecula Valley Garden Club
Deadline: March 23, 2020
Temecula Valley Garden Club Inc. provides a scholarship in the amount of $1,000 each year. The scholarship is for university and college students majoring in areas consistent with the mission & objectives of the Temecula Valley Garden Club which inlcudes education, resources and national networking opportunities to promote the love of gardening, floral design, civic and environmental responsibility.
- Applicant must be a full-time student currently attending an accredited College or University in Southern California majoring in one of the stated fields.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- All material must be typed, or computer generated, and include all required documents as outlined below. You may download the Scholarship Form and entry Requirements from our website: www.temeculavalleygardenclub.com
- Scholarship Application Form
- Copy of Unofficial Transcript from University and/or College
- Personal Essay (600-750 words) describing your skills and qualifications
- List of your community service activities, hobbies, outside interests, honors.
- A Letter of Recommendation from an educator on scholastic ability & character.
Farm Bureau San Diego County
Deadline: April 10, 2020
For students pursuing a course of study in agriculture/horticulture or a closely related field. Scholarship amounts range from $500 to $5,000 and is applied to the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Must be a permanent resident of San Diego County
- Pursuing a degree in agriculture/ horticulture or closely related field
Click Here For Application
Immigrants Rising Transforming Lives Through Education
2019-2020 List of Undergraduate Scholarships that don't require proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Residency
Includes Bay Area, California, and National Scholarship, more information below
Nordson BUILDS Scholarship Program
Application Deadline: January 15-May 15 each year
Nordson Corporation provides three categories of scholarships; Career & Technical, University Scholars, and Creating Equity in Industry. These manufacturing industry scholarships are targeted at individuals whose permanent residence or college is near a Nordson facility, and are pursuing majors in manufacturing, engineering-related STEM disciplines, or business leading to a career in industry and corporate America. Scholarships ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 will be awarded to students planning to enroll or already enrolled in an accredited public or private not-for profit postsecondary institution.
Any questions may be forwarded to Brett Fields at OFIC at email@example.com
Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship Program
Receive up to $2,500 to pursue career or technical education. Application opens March 15.
To be eligible for the Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship Program, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
Have completed high school (or earned high school equivalency credential) by Spring 2019
Be enrolled in a 2 year of less career or technical degree/certificate program in Fall 2019 that will lead to employment.
David L. Boren Scholarships and Fellowships
Legal Zoom Scholarship
Application Deadline: October 1st
Scholarship Award: $5,000
We want to help entrepreneurial students get their business off the ground and are awarding $5000, a new business startup package and other cool perks for the student with the most innovative business idea.
Airport Rentals Scholarship
Application Deadline: December 15th
Scholarship Award: $3,000
The Airport Rentals scholarship includes $3,000 to cover the successful applicant's tuition and fess. This can be applied to any of the United States educational institutes who have chosen to partner with Airport Rentals for this scholarship.
Law Offices of James D. Scott Family Law Scholarship
Application Deadline: June 1st
Scholarship Award: $1,500
The Law Offices of James D. Scott is proud ot present the annual Family Law Scholarship. They value education and what it can do to advance a person's life and future.
Who can apply?
High School Seniors
Evidence of financial need, academic standing and/or community participation
Service Learning Supply Chain Experience (SCE) Scholarship Application
Deadline for Application Submission is May 1, 2018
STEM Scholarship Award: $1500
MLT Scholarship Award: $3000
The SCE Project at the Southern California Biotechnology Center at Miramar College supports the life sciences industry by providing work readiness and lab‐based training resulting in employable individuals with in‐demand skills. The grant program will provide scholarships to San Diego region community college students in STEM programs who qualify as low-income, first in their family to attend college, or are underrepresented in STEM. The project will lay career-building groundwork by conducting student resume workshops, career awareness and service learning.
MLT students MUST be actively enrolled in an MLT program (SD Miramar or Southwestern colleges) tobe eligible for the MLT scholarship
No student may apply for more than ONE award
Be eligible for and provide proof of receipt of the California College Promise Grant (formerly known asthe BOG Waiver)
Be available to perform 100 hours of service learning to be completed between July 15, 2018 andDecember 15, 2018 at San Diego Miramar College (2 units)
Plan to enroll for a minimum of 12 units for the Fall 2018 semester at one or more of these regionalcolleges: Cuyamaca, Grossmont, MiraCosta, Palomar, SD City, SD Mesa, SD Miramar, Southwestern.Proof of enrollment will be required from finalists
Scholarships for Students with Diabetes
Diabetes brings challenges, but those don't have to be limitations. There are a variety of scholarships specifically targeted to students with diabetes, offering financial assistance as they pursue their education.