- Admissions Application Information
- Articulation FAQ
- Articulation Request Form Fall 2021-Spring 2023
- CATEMA link - Online Registration for Articulated Courses
- MCC Public Course Outlines
- San Diego & Imperial Counties Community Colleges
- Labor Market Data--Centers of Excellence-San Diego/Imperial
How a High School Teacher Requests an Articulation Agreement
Please review our Course Outlines to find the course that best aligns with your high school course. Articulation Requests are accepted between December 1, 2020 through March 15, 2021 for the Fall 2021-Spring 2023 school years.
What College Faculty Are Looking For
- College and high school course outline, software, and capstone assignment alignment
- Access MiraCosta College Course Outlines
- Rigor demonstrated through assignments, exams, and projects
- Course objectives align and are easily identified in your Articulation Request
- Ex: Assignment X addresses Objectives 1, 2, 4, and 7
- Career Pathway courses
Credit Transcription Process & Timing
Credit is transcripted during the summer for the previous spring term. For example, credit earned during the 2020-21 school year will be transcripted during the summer of 2021, and show up on the student application as Spring 2021.
After high school teachers have entered students' grades and credit recommendations, college staff pulls records from CATEMA and formats them, so we can enroll students in the course and transcript their credit. Due to the high volume of students and classes, this is a lengthy process, and our goal is to have all credit transcrited by September 1st of each year. We transcript the final exam grade from CATEMA with a notation of "Credit by Exam."