If you're looking for tools and services that can help you build a course using open educational resources, rather than starting with a complete OER text or existing OER course, check out the list below. Note that many of these may result in a small cost to students. If you are looking for a tool to help you review OER, check out this rubric from Cool4ed.
- Over 20+ customizable textbooks
- Can access for free, but for $29.99 per student, students get lifetime access to the text and instructors can track user analytics
- Will work with instructors to align chapter content to learning objectives
- In addition to full courses OER Commons includes endless individual subject-specific lessons, activities, etc, as well as a tool for creating and sharing your own OER.
- Build OER, include curated resources, upload your own resources, integrate with course management system
- Has a cost for students
- Tool from Lumen Learning that provides low cost personalized learning tools aligned with OER content resources
- Courseware aligned with a limited number of OpenStax’s high quality free texts, for $10 per student
- STEM-focused project to continuously develop and refine custom texts and class activities/exercises; use resources developed by others and/or create your own. Site emphasizes students as potential co-creators of course materials.
If you have suggestions for additional resources on this page, please contact Jim Julius.