The Courses and Programs Committee (CPC) exists for the purpose of making recommendations pertaining to the programs and courses offered by the college, including associated local board policies, administrative procedures, and guidelines, primarily to the Academic Senate. The Academic Senate forwards the committee’s recommendations regarding policies and procedures to the College Council for consideration and recommendation to the superintendent/president and Board of Trustees. The committee acts by means of careful study and open discussion to assure the college’s curriculum has consistent quality, rigor, and compliance with state regulations and standards as well as with district policies and procedures.
Next CPC meeting will be on Thursday, September 28, 2023 from 1 pm - 3 pm.
Second and fourth Thursdays of each month, 1pm - 3pm at the following physical locations. Members of the public may also join the meeting via Zoom. The Zoom link is provided in the current agenda.
- Oceanside Campus, 1 Barnard Drive, Oceanside: Room OCT200
Faculty member appointed by the Academic Senate president. The CPC chair has no term limit.
The full CPC membership consists of fourteen full-time faculty, one associate faculty, three administrators, including the vice president of Instructional Services, two classified staff (one evaluator and one whose job duties relate to curriculum), and one student, all of whom are selected by their appropriate constituent group.
The faculty members are selected to represent the following curricular areas:
- Five faculty members who represent general education: one each who teaches in English, math, natural sciences, art and humanities (excluding English), and social and behavioral sciences. (Note: If a faculty member from this group takes an absence during the academic year or if no one volunteers to serve, the substitute faculty member cannot be from a department already represented on the committee.)
- Two faculty members from CTE.
- One faculty member from each of the following: counseling, noncredit, and pre-transfer.
- The faculty director of Online Education.
- The articulation officer.
Administrators have no terms, thus no term limits, on their participation. The full-time faculty members, including the chair, serve three-year terms (renewable with no term limits), with the exception of the articulation officer, faculty director of Online Education, and faculty members with as-needed expertise (such as the honors coordinator) who are permanent members of the committee. The associate faculty member serves one term that is renewable.
Committee Members 2023-2024
- Joanne Benschop, Articulation Officer
- Theresa Bolaños, Co-Chair
- Robert Bond, GE - Area D
- Karl Cleveland, CE
- Zulema Diaz, GE - Area A1 (Sabbatical Fall 2023)
- Scott Fallstrom, Co-Chair
- Yana Gardiner, CE
- Kelly Hagen, Pre-Transfer
- Ticey Hosley, Counseling
- Jim Julius, Director Online Education
- Joseph King, Associate Faculty
- John Kirwan, GE - Area A1
- Dave Massey, GE - Area C
- Erika Peters, GE - Area B
- Olivia Quintanilla, GE - Area F
- Patricia Murray, Classified
- Hortensia Sanchez, Classified
- Denée Pescarmona, Administrator
- Zhenya Lindstrom, Administrator
- Al Taccone, Administrator
- TBD, ASG Student Representative