June 27, 2022
Spartan Start Orientation Coming Soon!
MiraCosta College has redesigned credit students' orientation experience! The new
and improved, Spartan Start Orientation, is an online tool that features our beautiful campuses and empowers students with
critical information. This fresh and interactive approach highlights our Academic
and Career Pathways (ACPs) and MiraCosta's many degree and certificate options.
Students can complete Spartan Start Orientation at their own pace and can engage in content that feels relevant to their needs and goals. As part of MiraCosta College's onboarding process, credit students are prompted to complete orientation through their SURF account. More information available at miracosta.edu/orientation.
Summer and Fall Book Distribution
Books have been selected for the District book read for summer and fall semesters.
Start the summer with A Dream Called Home: A Memoir written by Reyna Grande and follow
up with the fall selection Becoming Hispanic-Serving Institutions: Opportunities for
Colleges and Universities by Gina Ann Garcia.
Pick up your copy at one of these distribution sites:
- at the CLC in the Instructional Services building (Dean John Makevich’s office) or in the new Student Services Building (Staff Lounge)
- at the 3700 Building at OCN
- at the San Elijo campus (Dean Antonio Alacorn’s office) or in the new Student Services Building (Director of Student Services office)
Or have a book mailed to you via Intercampus Mail or to your home via United Postal Service Mail by emailing Kristina Londy (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the details.
Save the Date and RSVP for MiraCosta’s AugustFest
Community Education & Workforce Development are pleased to invite YOU and YOUR FAMILY
to our first annual AugustFest as a VIP at NO CHARGE on Saturday, August 27. VIP admission
starts at 2 pm at MiraCosta College's San Elijo Campus. Get ready to enjoy a power-packed
family friendly event!
Our AugustFest event will feature the following highlights:
- Wine and Award-Winning Beer Tastings
- Live Music
- Cooking Demonstrations/Food Tastings
- Samples of Our Most Popular Community Education Classes
- Kids Activities: Lego Building, Face Painting, Balloon Animals, Crafts, Kids Zone, Trackless Train Ride and More!
- Great Food via Food Trucks, Specialty Vendors, Partners/Sponsors
- Fun Games and Opportunity Drawings
Please RSVP to email@example.com with:
- Your full name and email
- The number of people you are bringing
- The number of people in your household to receive wine/beer taster tickets (must be 21 years or older). Please bring ID for verification.
***If your family is not arriving with you, please kindly provide us with their names.
For additional information, access the event flyer or commed.miracosta.edu.
Multiple construction projects on Oceanside Campus will be affecting parking lot and
Starting today, Monday, June 27, the sidewalk that runs parallel to T100 and T110 buildings will be closed down for 2 weeks, rerouting pedestrian foot traffic thru the Arts hub while repairs take place and closing parking lot 1B.
Additionally, the Student Services project will have significant materials (steel beams) delivery and offloading underway, beginning today through Friday, July 1. Traffic control and Flagmen will be present on Barnard Drive.
Installation of the HVAC equipment for the B1000 project is scheduled to happen on Wednesday, June 29. Pedestrian traffic coming from parking lot 5A will be detoured sending them around B4800.