Tips and Tricks when recording video on a smartphone
- Shoot with the camera in the horizontal position, and keep yourself in the middle of the frame.
- Make sure you are lit from the front or slight off-center either direction. Light coming from the direct side or from behind are not acceptable image quality.
- Keep the camera at eye level with a tripod. If you don’t have a tripod, prop up the phone on a stack of bucks to bring it up to eye level.
- Make sure your entire head is seen in frame, and keep the bottom to show down to mid-waist.
- Speak clearly and at a speed that would be normal to you speaking casually to a colleague or friend.
- Make sure to look into the camera lens, preferably, and not down at a sheet of paper. A good idea is to make very, very short bullet points and hang the sheet next to the camera.
- Keep the messages short and succinct.
- Relax and be happy. A small smile goes along way.