The CalWORKs program at MiraCosta Community College provides comprehensive student support services for CalWORKs participants. This program aims to prepare participants to transition into unsubsidized employment and to achieve long term self-sufficiency.
- Advocacy coordination
- Academic, career and personal counseling
- Work study program
- Subsidized child care
- Job development & placement
- Text book assistance
- Student success workshops
- Currently a CalWORKs recipient receiving cash-aid for themselves and at least one child.
- Be in good standing with Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA).
- Must be or plan to be, at least a part-time student.
If you meet the criteria above and would like to participate in the MiraCosta College CalWORKs program, please visit our office with a recent 'Notice of Action' or call 760.795.6680 to schedule a New Student appointment. If you are not currently participating in CalWORKs but think you may qualify, please visit your local Family Resource Center.
Kate Scaife, EOPS/CARE and CalWORKs Student Services Specialist