GEAR UP for College is a 4-week (16-Day) summer program that allows OUSD high school students to enroll in a college course. The program includes transportation, meals, textbooks, school supplies, orientation, and academic support - all completely free to you!
Summer 2024 Program Dates
June 10th – July 3rd
- Week 1: June 10-14 (Mon-Fri)
- Week 2: June 17-21 (Mon-Fri)
- Week 3: June 24-28 (Mon-Fri)
- Week 4: July 1-3 (Mon-Weds)
All OUSD high school 9th-12th grade students are welcome to apply now. The online application takes about 15-20 minutes. Apply now to get started.
Learn More About The GEAR UP For College Summer Program
- To apply, please complete the online application above and submit. Admissions are rolling, and students who apply now will receive priority.
- Accepted students must attend the entire program (all 16 days) AND the orientation event which is TBD.
- Accepted students must complete a MiraCosta College application and Concurrent Enrollment form, in addition to any OUSD releases/waivers, before the program begins. More information will be provided for accepted students.
- MiraCosta - Omar Jimenez
- Oceanside High School - Ms. Foreman
- El Camino High School - Ms. Degrafft
The GEAR UP for College Program is a service of the Department of Student Equity. For general inquiries about all Student Equity programs and services, please contact us at email@example.com or call our main office at 760.208.1784 x6900.