The Social Justice and Equity Center (SJEC) is a student-driven space inside the Student Center (Building 3400 on the Oceanside Campus), where students can research, work, and organize around issues related to social justice and/or equity.
A space for students to engage the greater community in order to advocate for access to and success within higher education while promoting a more understanding and welcoming campus culture for socially marginalized groups and peoples, with the ultimate objective of creating social justice and equity in our communities.
- Remember that this is a space for learning and growing. Be patient with yourself and others.
- Speak from your own experience to support your ideas and avoid speaking for others or generalizing.
- Please pay attention to your “airtime” – how much you have spoken in relation to others.
- Don’t interrupt.
- Don’t put down or judge the ideas of another person you may disagree with. Given alternate
interpretations or ask
follow-up questions to help clarify.
- Above all, treat everyone in this space with respect and dignity.
Follow Us on Social Media
Want to Support Our Work?
Monday - Friday 9:30am - 3:30pm
Interim Student Services Coordinator
760-757-2121 ext. 6918
The Social Justice and Equity Center (SJEC) is a service of the Department of Student Equity. For general inquiries about all Student Equity programs and services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our main office at 760.757.2121 x6900.