Welcome to MiraCosta College Community Education & Workforce Development! It is our pleasure to serve the North County Coastal community by offering classes and programs that provide you and your family with opportunities to learn, grow and develop. Community Education classes are available to anyone who registers online or with our office. You do NOT need to be a credit student. Classes offered through Community Education are not funded with tax dollars. Your enrollment fees keep this valuable program going. Thank you.
Visit the Technology Career Institute to see all our new work skills/ job training programs and certificate courses.
The Community Education & Workforce Development department was just awarded a six million dollar Department of Labor grant to increase education and training programs throughout San Diego County and the Inland Empire. America’s Promise will fund programs at the Technology Career Institute, as well as at Cuyamaca, Grossmont, and Chaffey community colleges. Read the official DOL news release or learn more about America's Promise.
Drop down the section you'd like to know more about
- Employee Training
We provide excellent training at your site, any of MiraCosta's four locations or online. Our expert instructors can provide your company with training that improves performance, adds certifications, enhances existing work skills and transforms lives. Please call 760.795.6820 for information.
- Job Training Programs
Offering a wide selection of certificated programs for job training. Many of these programs are funded for veterans, active duty military, military spouses or those who are underemployed or unemployed. Just out of high school and not sure what you want to do? Find FAST job training programs that get you employed in careers that you will enjoy! Please call 760.795.6820 for information.
- Online Classes
We offer a wide range of highly interactive courses that you can take entirely over the Internet. For more information, go to ed2go.com/miracosta
- George Brown
Six interactive and highly innovative distance education programs that combine state-of-the-art lab simulation with award-winning curriculum. For more information, go to miracosta-gbc.com
- Career Training
Hundreds of online, not-for-credit certificate programs designed to provide the workforce skills necessary to acquire professional-caliber positions for many in-demand occupations.
For more information, go to careertraining.ed2go.com/MiraCosta
- College for Kids/Youth Academy
Our annual summer experience for students 6-17 years of age. We have an exciting variety of morning and afternoon classes, exceptional instructors and curriculum that is challenging, engaging and fun. Please call 760.795.6820 for information.
- Community Education ClassesProvides our community with hundreds of affordable, not-for-credit classes, workshops and excursions for your personal and professional growth and enrichment. Please call 760.795.6820 or access our.online registration system by clicking here
- Classroom Drivers Education and Behind-the-Wheel Drivers TrainingWe offer both Classroom Drivers Education and Behind-the-Wheel Drivers Training programs. We also offer Adult Drivers Training. Please call 760.795.6825 or 760.795.6820 for information or access our.online registration system by clicking here.
- English Language Institute (ELI)
An intensive program offering international students the opportunity to increase their English language proficiency and develop the skills needed to successfully pass the TOEFL exam to ensure entrance into a in college or university. This program is designed for students with a minimum of one year of English language training at high school or college level. Please call 760.757.2121 x6590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Excursions and International Trips
We provide both local excursions and trips around the country and world. Plan a trip to an exotic destination with MiraCosta College Community Education Travel Club held every semester. Please call 760.795.6820 or access our online registration system by clicking here.
Parking permits are required at Oceanside, San Elijo and the Community Learning Center Campuses of MiraCosta College Monday-Saturday. Students may park in any lot marked "Student" at all campuses. Please avoid any spaces or lots marked "Staff." Parking permits may be purchased from parking permit vending machines as follows:
- Oceanside Campus: A day pass may be purchased for $1.00. There are three parking permit vending machines located on the Oceanside Campus in Parking Lots 1A, 3C and 4C. In Parking Lot 4C, students may use debit and credit cards, a one dollar bills or correct change (no pennies). In Parking Lots 3C and 1A, students may use one dollar bills or correct change (no pennies).
- San Elijo Campus: A day pass may be purchased for $1.00. There is one parking permit vending machine located next to the College Police kiosk in the front of the campus. This machine takes a dollar bills or exact change (no pennies).
- Community Learning Center: A day pass may be purchased for 50 cents. There is one parking permit vending machine located in front of Building A. This machine takes exact change (no pennies).
- Technology Career Institute: Parking permit is not required. Parking is free.
Need to show the world that you took one of our excellent courses, workshops or programs? A Certificate of Accomplishment is available upon completion of any Community Education course or series of courses for just $15 per certificate. Call 760.795.6820 for details.
- By Phone
Call MiraCosta College Community Education at 760.795.6820
- By Mail
Complete a registration form and mail along with a check to:
MiraCosta College Community Education & Workforce Development
2075 Las Palmas Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92011
Use a separate form for each person. Forms may be duplicated. Registration fees may be charged to Visa, MasterCard, Discover card or paid by check. A confirmation of your enrollment will authomatically go to the email address included on your registration form.
- In Person
Visit Community Education & Workforce Development at 2075 Las Palmas Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92011. Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday–Friday.