The English Language Institute (ELI) offers international students the opportunity to increase their English language proficiency and develop the skills needed for success in a college or university in the United States. The program is designed for students with a minimum of one year English language training at high school or college level. This class may not be appropriate for advanced ESL students or students with a TOEFL score greater than 500 paper-based or 46 IBT. Students must be at least 18 years old or meet our minor policy requirements. Each session is eight weeks long and classes meet 20 hours per week. Students can combine sessions to stay for up to one year. Classes are offered in grammar, listening, speaking, academic writing, TOEFL preparation, reading, pronunciation, vocabulary, and conversation. Classes are held on MiraCosta College main campus which allows an easy transition into our credit classes for students looking to further their education in the US.
Engage in a fun, academically successful program with personal mentoring in a charming coastal and safe community.
The English Language Institute accepts visitors who want to take ESL classes for cultural or enrichment purposes only. Visitors may only attend enrichment and cultural classes short term for under 16 hours per week. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, enrichment schedule and modified fee's.
Start at ELI to transition to MiraCosta academic programs
ELI is a great place to begin classes as an international student. Students become acquainted with the college campus and other international students though small class sizes with intensive English practice. This program is a bridge to MiraCosta college credit classes.
- ELI offers conditional admissions into MiraCosta College credit programs after passing an institutional TOEFL exam offered to ELI students.
- Session V: 6/7/21- 7/30/21
- Session I: 8/21/21- 10/15/21
- Session II: 10/18/21- 12/10/21
- We will not be offering ELI in the Fall of 2020 or Spring 2021 due to COVID19. MiraCosta College has decided to keep classes on-line therefore, ELI cannot offer in-person classes.
Steps to Apply
We also offer a 1 year ELI program. International students with an F-1 visa are required to attend all class meetings and every session while in the United States.
- New ELI Video
- Pictures of of ELI students enjoying English in Action class
- Other MiraCosta College ESL Programs
- Student Interest and FAQ
- Oceanside Campus Map
- MiraCosta College Virtual Tour of Oceanside Campus
- What students are saying about ELI
- Download ELI Flyer in Chinese
- INFORMAÇÕES EM PORTUGUÊS
To get more information or to receive application materials, write, phone, or email, or you can print out the three-page ELI Application above.
English Language Institute
MiraCosta College Building T510
1 Barnard Drive, #13
Oceanside, CA 92056