Thank you for your interest in our English Language Institute at MiraCosta College. We are very eager to increase the numbers of international students we have at MiraCosta College as we find them to be a bright light on our campus! They bring with them a spirit of willing participation, intelligence and high standards that uplift ALL of the students here. We offer a one-time $250 per student referral fee for our English Language Institute for agents and educational consultants who have qualified and signed our agent agreement.
Our English Language Institute is part of MiraCosta College’s noncredit program. We have five 8-week sessions per year starting in August, October, January, March and June. Students can attend multiple sessions. We offer an institutional TOEFL three times per year to help our students transfer into MiraCosta College credit classes and we are also able to assist them to transfer to other colleges or universities. We offer an advanced beginner and intermediate level of ESL instruction in class sizes of 15 or smaller. Our program is designed for students with a TOEFL score lower than 46 ibt or 450 paper-based. Students must have 1-2 years of formal English training before attending ELI. Our instructors have Master’s degrees and many of them teach for our credit ESL and English departments.
We are located in Oceanside, California which beautiful seaside community located 30 miles north of San Diego and 90 miles south of Los Angeles.
Our International Office oversees the I-20 paperwork so that incoming students can be issued an F-1 visa. Our college has a total population of 15,000 students, 655 faculty, and 210 international students. Here are some quick statistics for you to review:
- Transfer rate: One of the highest UC transfer rates of all community colleges in San Diego County. Most popular transfer institutions: UC San Diego, California State University San Marcos, San Diego State University, UC Irvine. UC Los Angeles, UC Berkeley.
- MiraCosta College: 78 years in operation.
- Location: North San Diego County approximately 35 miles north of San Diego and 90 miles south of Los Angeles. The closest major airport is San Diego Lindbergh.
- There are three Campuses to MiraCosta College: Oceanside campus is 121 acres; San Elijo Campus is 42 acres; and the Community Learning Center is 7.6 acres
- Accreditation: Accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Average class size: 30 for credit program; 15 for ESL
- Enrollment fee: $46 per unit for California residents; additional $234 per unit for non-residents
- Annual tuition/fees, full-time, non-state residents: Approximately $6,720
- Popular majors: Business administration, psychology, biological sciences, Biotech, accounting, child development, commercial music – recording arts, English, real estate, law enforcement, communication, art, horticulture/agriculture, nursing.
- Athletics: Intercollegiate men's and women’s soccer, men’s and women's basketball, Rugby, Volleyball and surf team that competes in the National Scholastic Surfing Association (NSSA)—several state and national titles
- Housing: None on campus; apartments nearby. Homestays arranged through Homestay USA and Y.E.S. International.
For more information about our English Language Institute and about our regular College programs for international students:
I hope to hear from you soon to discuss possibilities for collaboration. Please contact me if you would like to review our agent agreement.
Program Supervisor English Language Institute