The Accounting program (ACCT) offers theoretical and practical courses for students planning to transfer as accounting majors, career and technical courses leading to certificates of competence and achievement, as well as courses to improve workplace skills. Accounting and Business Administration comprise the MiraCosta College Business Department.
Career options include accounting positions in the private and public sectors. Positions include, but not limited to: billing clerk, bookkeeper, accounts payable clerk, accounts receivable clerk, accounting assistant, tax analyst, registered tax preparer, tax professional/enrolled Agent, payroll clerk, payroll specialist, payroll manager, general ledger supervisor, accounting technician, financial analyst, accounting supervisor, auditor, forensic accountant, accountant/CPA (requires a bachelor's and/or master's degrees).
Julia Kelly was working as a part-time graphic artist when she decided she needed a change in her life and enrolled at MiraCosta College. Now she’s a successful digital caricature artist who owns and operates a flourishing, six-figure business she helped build using the skills she learned at MiraCosta.Learn more about Julia Kelly
Academic Programs in Accounting
The academic maps will give you an idea of the classes you need to take. However, please meet with a counselor to personalize your education plan.
KEY: Certificate of Proficiency Certificate of Achievement Associate Degree Bachelor's Degree
|Computerized Accounting Applications|
|Income Tax Preparer|
|Income Tax Professional|
- Accounting/Business Club: Join the fun, learn more about the Accounting Club.
- Accounting Brochure: Access additional information about our program.
- Why Study Accounting? : Learn the benefits and rewards of studying accounting.
- FREE CalCPA Membership: Obtain your membership today.
- This Way to CPA: A guide to becoming a CPA.
- Become a CMA
- Become an Enrolled Agent
- KAT Details (CSUSM): Learn all about the Knowledge Assessment Test at CSUSM.
- Are you interested in?: 1) Teaching a course, online or on-campus; 2) Volunteering to be a guest speaker for a course; 3) Offering a field trip at your business; 4) Hiring a student intern (paid or unpaid); 5) Volunteering to be a business plan judge; or 6) Becoming an Advisory Board member for the ACCT, BUS or REAL programs. If so, submit our interest form.
- Make a Tax-Deductible Charitable Donation to the Business Dept (ACCT, BUS, and REAL) Choose "Business Program" (Fund #20093) in the "Scholarship Fund" drop-down menu.
- Request Additional Information: Learn more about all that MiraCosta College has to offer.
- Gainful Employment Program Disclosure:
Discover the success of our students in certificate programs that lead to employment.
Join Our Email List