The Hospitality Management program offers courses for students planning to transfer as hospitality majors to four-year institutions as well as career and technical courses that can lead to certificates of proficiency and achievement.
Career options include front office, reservations, sales, marketing, customer service and management positions in hotels, restaurants, theme parks, attractions, clubs, and casinos.
MiraCosta College student Jake Scornavacco is the epitome of perseverance. Two years after his parents opened the popular Sweet Things Frozen Yogurt shop in 4S Ranch, Scornavacco’s father passed away from pancreatic cancer.Read more about Jake Scornavacco-
Academic Programs in Hospitality
The academic maps will give you an idea of the classes you need to take. However, please meet with a counselor to personalize your education plan.
KEY: Certificate of Proficiency Certificate of Achievement Associate Degree Bachelor's Degree
|Dining Room Operations||CAREERS|
|Food Service Operations||CAREERS|
|Front Office Operations||CAREERS|
|Hospitality Management for Transfer||MAP|
|Meeting and Event Management||CAREERS|
|Rooms Division Management||CAREERS|
- Hospitality Career Options Video: Learn all about career options in Hospitality.
- Accounting/Business Club: Join the fun, learn more about the club.
- Hospitality Brochure: Access additional information about our program.
- Are you interested in?: 1) Teaching a course, online or on-campus; 2) Volunteering to be a guest speaker for a course; 3) Offering a field trip at your business; 4) Hiring a student intern (paid or unpaid); 5) Volunteering to be a business plan judge; or 6) Becoming an Advisory Board member for the ACCT, BUS or REAL programs. If so, submit our interest form.
- Make a Tax-Deductible Charitable Donation to the Business Dept (ACCT, BUS, and REAL) Choose "Business Program" (Fund #20093) in the "Scholarship Fund" drop-down menu.
- Request Additional Information: Learn more about all that MiraCosta College has to offer.
- Gainful Employment Program Disclosure:
Discover the success of our students in certificate programs that lead to employment.
Academic Division Assistant
Admin. Assistant to the Dean
- Christina Sharp
- Annie Ngo
- Nate Scharff