Credit Transcripting Process
MiraCosta transcripts the final exam/project/portfolio grade with the notation of credit by exam. For information on how to record articulated credit on your college application or how to order transcripts, visit the Student & Parent Information page. In order for MiraCosta College to have the ability to transcript credit for students in articulated courses, ALL of the following requirements and steps must be met.
- Student Responsibilities
- Submit a Spring admissions applicationevery year they are in an articulated course. For the 2021-2022 school year, students must submit a Spring 2022 application.
- Register on CATEMA, our online roster and gradebook system by the school specific deadline. See HS Teacher for deadline.
- Submit a Petition for Credit e-form by the school specific deadline. All deadlines are listed on the form. (New for the 2021-22 school year).
- Earn a B or higher as their final course grade
- Earn a B or higher on their final exam/project/portfolio (This will be the grade on the college transcript.)
- Reveive credit recommendation from high school instructor or college faculty (applicable to Media Arts & Technologies articulated courses)
- Teacher Responsibilities:
- Create CATEMA account and all articulated courses in CATEMA at the begining of the school year
- Ensure students complete the Spring term credit application and CATEMA registration steps each year they are enrolled in an articulated class
- Input grades and credit recommendations for all students in CATEMA by the deadline
After all grades and credit recommendations are input, MiraCosta staff download grade reports from CATEMA for each course and format them in order to transcript the credit. This is a lengthy process, and we have a large volume of students and classes. While we aim to transcript credit earlier, our deadline is to have all credit transcripted by September 1st.
Grades below a B are not eligible for credit, and they will not appear on a student's MiraCosta College transcript; though they will be on the high school transcript. Credit is applied to the students' MiraCosta College transcripts one semester after finishing the high school course.