Credit Transcripting Process
In order for MiraCosta College to have the ability to transcript credit for students in articulated courses, all of the following requirements and steps must be met.
- Students must meet ALL the following requirements:
- Submit a Spring admissions application
- Register in each course on third-party website, CATEMA
- Earn a B or higher as their final course grade
- Earn a B or higher on their final exam/project
- Reveive credit recommendation from high school instructor or college faculty (applicable to Media Arts & Technologies articulated courses)
- Teacher Responsibilities:
- Create CATEMA account and all articulated courses in CATEMA at the begining of the school year
- Input grades and credit recommendations for all students in CATEMA at the end of the school year
After all grades and credit recommendations are input, MiraCosta staff download grade reports from CATEMA for each course and format them in order to transcript the credit. This is a lengthy process, and we have a large volume of students and classes. While we aim to transcript credit earlier, our deadline is to have all credit transcripted by September 1st.