The College Council serves as a governance group that makes recommendations to the superintendent/president. College Council is the primary advisory for college-wide matters.
College Council has four primary functions:
- Provide input on district policy and procedure development.
- Ensure that policies, procedures, plans, and other matters are directed to the appropriate governance, operational, or working conditions groups.
- Ensure that governance process and priorities, accreditation processes, integrated plans, and activities promote institutional effectiveness, through collaboration, assessment, communication, coordination, and refinement.
- Provide input on the development of Board of Trustees meeting dockets.
Examples of the kinds of issues under the purview of College Council include: maintaining the currency of the governance manual and assessing effectiveness of the governance system; developing processes for accreditation; guiding efforts to update the integrated planning manual; and, facilitating progress of issues through the governance model.
College Council is comprised of fifteen members:
- Four divisional vice presidents
- Academic Senate president and designee
- Classified Senate president and designee
- Associated Student Government president
- Institutional Program Review Committee chair
- Budget and Planning Committee co-chair
- Outcomes Committee co-chair
- Student Success Committee co-chair
- Administrators Committee representative
- Dean of Research, Planning, and Institutional Effectiveness
Two Thursdays a month from 11am - 1pm