About Measure MM
Measure MM is a $455 million general obligation bond approved by voters in 2016 to modernize aging facilities and upgrade instructional technology.
The measure provides for several key improvements, including:
- Upgrades to the Veterans Center to enhance facilities and services which provide job training, job placement, counseling and support services
- Upgrades to career training facilities for science, health care, technology and skilled trades
- Modernize instructional technology for improved student learning in core subjects like math, science and technology
- Improve access for students with disabilities
- Repair or replace leaky roofs, worn-out floors and restrooms, outdated plumbing and faulty electrical systems
- Update science centers and labs to allow for state-of-the-art courses in biology, chemistry and physical sciences
Measure MM received nearly two-thirds approval; 55 percent was required to pass the measure. The cost to taxpayers will be approximately $15 per $100,000 of assessed value annually.
By law, no funds can be used for salaries or pensions. All funds must be spent to improve MiraCosta College classrooms and facilities. An independent citizens’ oversight committee will review expenditures and provide reports to the community to ensure all funds are spent as promised. The committee includes budget and program updates at each meeting. Visit the Meeting Materials section to view these reports.
View Measure MM Fact Sheet.