MiraCosta College maintains articulation agreements with many local private universities and some out of state universities. Each college or university has its own unique requirements for admission. Many private/independent universities give credit for general education courses taken at MiraCosta and for courses designed for transfer to the University of California (UC) and the California State University (CSU).
Some private colleges also design articulation agreements with MiraCosta. These agreements let you know which courses completed at MiraCosta will satisfy general education and major preparation requirements at the private university. If an agreement is in place, this means that the comparable courses listed will not have to be completed after transfer. Some private universities offer more generalized transfer agreements, which do not pertain to specific courses completed at MiraCosta, but rather to how many units are completed here, or if an associate degree has been earned.
Courses from these universities that students intend to use towards a MiraCosta associate degree or certificate will be reviewed according to MiraCosta's criteria and requirements for the Associate degree. MiraCosta evaluators will adhere to the University of California (UC) and the California State University (CSU) requirements when evaluating courses to be acceptable for the CSU (Plan B) and UC (Plan C) general education patterns.
Private/independent university catalogs can be viewed online and in the MiraCosta Transfer Center. For questions on specific articulation agreements or transfer admission requirements for private universities please make an appointment with a MiraCosta Counselor or visit the Transfer Center.
For more information and links to many private/independent colleges, visit CaliforniaColleges.edu and the Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities.
- Ashford University
- Azusa Pacific University - Nursing
- Azusa Pacific University
- Brandman University
- California Baptist University
- California Baptist University Fast Track to Successs
- Chapman University
- Concordia University
- Design Institute of San Diego-Interior Design Program
- Design Institute of San Diego -General Education
- Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising
- Loma Linda Dentistry
- Loma Linda - Nursing
- National University
- National University - Cyber Security
- National University - Electrical and Computer Engineering
- National University - Manufacturing Design Engineering
- National University - Construction Management
- New School of Architecture
- Point Loma Nazarene
- Point Loma Nazarene Bachelor in Business Administration
- Point Loma Nazarene Computer Information Technology
- Santa Clara University
- University of San Diego
- University of San Diego and IGETC
- Western Governors University