The MiraCosta College Transitions program provides support for people impacted by incarceration. Students are given access to financial, academic, and psychological resources to achieve personal and educational goals.
Resources for the program
- Applying to MiraCosta & Financial Aid
- Academic Counseling
- Peer Mentorship
- Embedded tutors
- Access to laptops, hotspots, parking/transportation vouchers and much more
- Student Club
- Recommended enrollment in two cohort courses such as;
- Counseling 101
- Sociology 101
- Career Life Planning 101
- English 100
- Weekly Check-ins
- Events & Activities
- Sociology class – More information coming soon!
- Counseling 101 - Orientation to College (1 unit) - Tuesdays 9:00 – 9:50 am online - Zoom
This course will focus on helping students navigate the college environment by understanding MiraCosta College practices. Students will have an opportunity to build a sense of community and build a college identity utilizing their lived experience and cultural wealth.
The Transitions Fund supports enriching activities that foster a sense of community among our formerly incarcerated students. These students face the challenges of pursuing an education on top of the challenges of reentering into public life, and they need our support.
Make a donation to the Transitions Fund. Under "I want to support", please make sure to select "Transitions Fund".
For questions regarding the Transitions Program:
Dr. Edward Pohlert - Coordinator, Transitions Program