To view a list of all ONLINE COURSES ONLY select here.
At the SURF home webpage, select the Log In tile.
- Enter your SURF ID and Password on the MiraCosta Portal Login prompt.
- Select the Login button.
At the Student Center screen, select the Manage Classes tile.
- Select the respective semester.
On the left pane select Class Search and Enroll.
How to SEARCH classes:
- Note: if you don't see the current semester listed, contact the Student Help Desk.
In the Search For Classes text box enter specific keyword(s) for immediate retrieval of courses, i.e. course title, topic, subject and catalog number, or class number.
- Example: enter MATH, and tap the two arrows >> on the right side or press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Option to search classes by Subject: select the Additional ways to search link.
A list of Math classes will populate.
- Select the respective class to continue: ex. MATH 115
- You may specify your search by selecting the respective filters listed on the left panel.
Select Course Information to view the class description.
Before selecting a class option view additional enrollment information by selecting the class number link, ex. Class 1103.
- Meeting Information: Dates/Times, classroom, and instructor's name.
- Enrollment Information: Prerequisites, Corequisite, Enrollment Limitations, Course Duration, and Transfer Status.
- Class Details: Units, Grading, Instruction Mode, and Campus Location.
- Class Availability: Capacity, Enrollment, Available, and Waitlist Statuses.
Select the respective shaded row or the arrow to the right to continue with the enrollment process.
How to ENROLL in classes
Note: If you are registered for both Credit and NonCredit courses, there will be FIVE steps to enroll. Otherwise, there are FOUR steps to enroll in Credit courses only.
Step 1 of 5: Select Academic Career - select your respective Academic Career button, then select Accept to continue.
Step 2 of 5: Review Class Selection - tap the button or forward arrow in the banner to continue.
Step 3 of 5: Review Class Preferences - if you received a Permission Number from your instructor, enter it here; and tap the Accept button to continue.
Step 4 of 5: Enroll or Add to Cart - select Enroll to finish enrolling or select Add to Shopping Cart to add class to your shopping cart; and tap the Next > button to continue.
Step 5 of 5: Review and Submit - review the respective information and tap the Submit button to finish.
- Respond to the pop-up window to confirm your submission.
- Select Yes to enroll in the class or to add class to the shopping cart.
- Select No to cancel
- A respective confirmation result message will display.
Click here to learn how to view your class schedule.