About the VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) Program
The VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) program is a collaborative effort between MiraCosta College and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to help Veterans, Service Members, and their qualified dependents succeed and thrive through a coordinated delivery of on-campus benefits assistance and counseling, leading to completion of their education and preparing them to enter the labor market in viable careers. MiraCosta College is one of two schools in San Diego County to have a VSOC Counselor working in Veterans Services.
The VSOC Counselor can assist you with:
- Understanding and applying for Veteran Readiness and Employment Services (Chapter 31)
- Vocational exploration and career counseling services (Chapter 36)
- Transition support services
- Referrals for VA medical and mental health services
- Adjustment and career counseling services specific to VA benefits and Veteran issues
- Information and assistance in applying for other VA benefits
- Referrals to campus services as necessary
For more information or to make an appointment with your VSOC Counselor, please contact Alizabeth Dang at 619.400.8610 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information About VSOC
New Military Affiliated Student Workshops
Counseling Services and the Veterans Services department are pleased to announce an online Zoom workshop aimed at military affiliated students new to MiraCosta. These sessions are limited to 10 participants and you can self-register online, contacting the Counseling front staff through their online live chat feature, or email OnlineAdvisor@miracosta.edu.
Please make sure to identify yourself as a veteran, active-duty servicemember, or military-affiliated student and ask to enroll in one of the following workshops:
- Veterans Workshop - New Students
- Veterans Workshop - New Students with Prior College Coursework
- Veterans Workshop - Military-Affiliated Dependents