About the VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) Program
The VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) program is a collaborative effort between MiraCosta College and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to help Veterans, Service Members, and their qualified dependents succeed and thrive through a coordinated delivery of on-campus benefits assistance and counseling, leading to completion of their education and preparing them to enter the labor market in viable careers. MiraCosta College is one of two schools in San Diego County to have a VSOC Counselor working in Veterans Services.
The VSOC Counselor can assist you with:
- Understanding and applying for Veteran Readiness and Employment Services (Chapter 31)
- Vocational exploration and career counseling services (Chapter 36)
- How to apply for and maximize your VA educational benefits should you be eligible for more than one
- Information on other VA benefits to include disability compensation, life insurance, and Home Loan Guarantee
- Information and referrals for VA medical and mental health services
- Referrals to on-campus, community, and VA resources to promote academic success
- Employment information and assistance
MiraCosta College’s VSOC Counselor
Ms. Alizabeth Dang is the VetSuccess on Campus Counselor at MiraCosta College. With an office in T100 on the Oceanside campus, Alizabeth works closely with MiraCosta College staff in Veterans Services to provide assistance to Veterans, Service Members, and dependents. Alizabeth may be contacted at 619.400.8610 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
VSOC In-Office Hours
- Wed & Thurs: 8:00am-3:30pm
VSOC Virtual Walk-In Hours
- Mon-Wed-Fri: 8:00am-9:00am
- Tues-Thurs: 2:00pm-3:00pmm
Alizabeth will be available on Cranium and her virtual office https://veteransaffairs.webex.com/join/alizabeth.dang
- VA Claims Clinic
September 2022, Date TBD – 9:00am-1:00pm at MCC Oceanside campus
For more information, please email email@example.com.
Veteran Readiness & Employment, Chapter 31
The Veteran Readiness & Employment (VR&E) program helps Veterans and Service members with service-connected disabilities and an employment handicap to prepare for, obtain, and maintain suitable employment. It is authorized by Congress under Title 38 of the United States Code, Chapter 31.
If you are interested in learning more about the VR&E program, your VSOC Counselor will be hosting virtual informational sessions. Sessions will be held on the following dates:
- 02/22/22 – 10:00am-11:00pm
- 03/31/22 – 9:00am-10:00am
- 04/21/22 – 9:00am-10:00am
- 05/11/22 – 1:00pm-2:00pm
MCC VR&E Info Sessions
Sessions will remain virtual until further notice.
- Wednesday, 06/29/22 - 8:30am-9:00am
- Wednesday, 09/14/22 - 12:00-12:30pm
- Thursday, 10/13/22 - 8:30am-9:00am
- Thursday, 11/03/22 - 12:00pm-12:30pm
- Wednesday, 12/21/22 - 12:00pm-12:30pm
To sign up for an informational session, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.