The MiraCosta College District Independent Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee (ICBOC) is appointed to oversee the "bond proceeds" from the $455 million bond Measure MM which passed in November 2016.
The purpose of the Independent Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee is to 1) inform the public about the expenditure of bond revenues, 2) review and report on the proper expenditure of taxpayers' money for school construction, and 3) advise the public as to the MiraCosta Community College District’s compliance with Proposition 39 requirements as contained in the California Constitution.
The activities of the committee will include the following:
- Receive and review copies of the annual, independent performance audit.
- Receive and review copies of the annual, independent financial audit.
- Inspect school facilities and grounds to ensure that bond revenues are expended properly.
- Receive and review copies of any deferred maintenance proposals or plans developed by the MiraCosta Community College District
- Review efforts by the MiraCosta Community College District to maximize bond revenues by implementing cost-saving measures.
- Alec Babiarz (9/12/19-9/12/21 - 1st term)
MiraCosta College Support Organization
- Larry Barry (9/12/19-9/12/21 - 1st term)
San Diego Taxpayers’ Association
- Rigdon Currie (11/19/20-11/18/22 - 1st term)
Senior Citizens’ Representative
- William V. Howe (4/16/21-4/15/23 - 2nd term)
Community at Large
- Michael Krival (11/19/20-11/18/22 - 1st term)
Community at Large
- Josh Mazur, Chair (4/16/21-4/15/23 - 2nd term)
- Austin Quandt (6/17/21-6/16/23 - 1st term)
There are currently no vacant positions on the ICBOC. Those interesting in serving when vacancies occur may complete an application and send to MiraCosta College District, 1 Barnard Drive, Oceanside, CA 92056 Attn: Melanie Haynie, Administrative Services or via email at: email@example.com.
Meetings are held the second Tuesday of every other month from 2pm - 4pm Agendas, minutes and other supporting documents are posted on this website under Meeting Materials.